CB-Advanced wax help

I made the mistake of buying 100 lbs of EB-Advanced wax(I tried it, and thought I loved it at first:undecided). Anyway, like every other person who has used this wax has said, the ht is not great. I refuse to waste 100 lbs of wax though! For those of you who use this wax, what have you done to help with the scent throw, and is there a specific brand/company you buy your fragrances that work well in this wax? So far, I've only bought my scents from "Just Scent" and they smell wonderful, just not strong enough when in the candle(and I have added up to two ounces per pound). I added 1 teaspoon of bee's wax to the last batch I made, and for some strange reason I think it helped(but I don't know why or how?). Also, is there a specific type of colorant that works well in this wax... I have BAD frosting issues with this wax(which does not appear to be a problem with other candle makers who use this wax). I know that there are tons of posts about this wax already, but I need advice on how to make it work...... until I run out! Thanks in advance for any advice or help!

100 lbs? Well, it's an excellent wax - just tricky as you've found out. I've used it in the past & I'm remembering that WSP oils worked well in it. I loved it for melts. I'd go colorless - as you found out, that sucker frosts.

Edited by marcuset

100 lbs? Well, it's an excellent wax - just tricky as you've found out. I've used it in the past & I'm remembering that WSP oils worked well in it. I loved it for melts. I'd go colorless - as you found out, that sucker frosts.

Yeah, it's a lot of wax, but it was my Christmas gift this year :-) Thanks for the tips!

I started out with that wax and it does make a beautiful candle....I never had a problem with frosting, will have to check old notes for pour temp.

I did well with Candle Science fo's, the one's rated 3 leaves for soy. I used 10% fo and usually did well with that. Some that I remember that threw well were. ..

Beach Linen

Macintosh

Moonlake Musk

Sex On The Beach

You could always add container paraffin to it to alleviate the frosting issue and increase ht...anywhere from 25% up to 75%. hth

I started out with that wax and it does make a beautiful candle....I never had a problem with frosting, will have to check old notes for pour temp.

I did well with Candle Science fo's, the one's rated 3 leaves for soy. I used 10% fo and usually did well with that. Some that I remember that threw well were. ..

Beach Linen

Macintosh

Moonlake Musk

Sex On The Beach

You could always add container paraffin to it to alleviate the frosting issue and increase ht...anywhere from 25% up to 75%. hth

Candle Science was one of the websites I've been looking into, so I will definitely be ordering some scents from them. I'm not going to stress right now about the frosting, I'm going to go uncolored and try to get my scents perfect. Thank you!!

Candle Science was one of the websites I've been looking into, so I will definitely be ordering some scents from them. I'm not going to stress right now about the frosting, I'm going to go uncolored and try to get my scents perfect. Thank you!!

A lot of the soy chandlers add USA to the wax (universal soy additive) and they also temper the wax. You can search the forum for USA and tempering and find a lot of info.