Problem with candles in a glass

Regular paraffin shrinks, so it comes away from the glass. You need to use a lower melt point paraffin that is made for containers so that it adheres to the glass better. Even then it's not perfect and you may have some spots that shrink, but it won't rattle.

Usually the votive is just burned in the tight fitting glass container, it is slightly softer than a pillar and so it melts down and becomes a container candle in the end.

Beth - It's just an overpouring method to use purchased votives or re-inventing excess votive stock without doing a remelt, rewick and repour. I've done it a couple of times. It is a quick & easy method you usually see in the dollar store imports from Asia.

Thanks for all :)

@Judy - are you using Google translator? Meaning of the sentence is different. My polish is quite good, I'm from Poland :P but my English is... no comment

We use this method, because like wrote Judy, it's easier and quicker ;)

Now, I know what I did wrong. I used wrong wax, the same as for rustic candles. I must order paraffin wax with lower melt point. Do you think, that paraffin wax with melt point 122F will be good or I should find sth else?

Oh, I've forgotten. I also add vybar to our candles...

Edited by Kaczor