Wickless Gel Candle?

eitsfan

Sorry, that's what I thought you meant. Yours don't have any wicks at all, just gel & embeds? Jeanie353 did Gel so I'm sure she'll be able to give you an answer. Or another of the experts.

I haven't made any without wicks.YET. But am thinking about it since most gel candles are pretty, I would hate to see them burn and the gel all melt. Then all that's left is the embeds. Just an idea, nothing set in stone. I am going to be making a College Football one soon for myself that will have a wick but I will never burn. Will post pics once I'm finished. Thanks!

I'm going to have to invent a new word! :smiley2: Thanks!

Chris

Something like..........

GWICC-D (Gel Wax In Candle Container - Decorative)

DeCanWoW (Decorative Candle Without Wick)

Edited by eitsfan

I haven't made any without wicks.YET. But am thinking about it since most gel candles are pretty, I would hate to see them burn and the gel all melt. Then all that's left is the embeds. Just an idea, nothing set in stone. I am going to be making a College Football one soon for myself that will have a wick but I will never burn. Will post pics once I'm finished. Thanks!

I may have misunderstood.

I've done a lot of that in the past but they had wicks in them. Large pies were probably the most often made item that ended up being left as decorative. They had to be burned or tossed at some point because the gel was like a dust magnet.

Wicks were able to be hidden because the pies were made in a mounded type thing. We just had to watch (which you probably already know) is to keep them off windowsills where hot sun comes in a lot and hot stoves. Warm stoves would trigger more scent throwoff into the room but much more than that and they'd get soggy on the bottom.

If you're talking about a wickless gel candle with embeds that you heat up, say on a warmer, there is a chance that when the gel liquifies again, the embeds will move. If a seascape, the fish will sink to the bottom.

Edited by Bernadette
grammar

If you're talking about a wickless gel candle with embeds that you heat up, say on a warmer, there is a chance that when the gel liquifies again, the embeds will move. If a seascape, the fish will sink to the bottom.

I was talking more along the lines of totally calling it something else and it not getting heated up until, well, a long time! You know, making them for decoration only. Thanks!

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Boy was I over thinking things! Our name is H&N Gel Creations so I am thinking of offering gel candles, gel decor and gel collectibles (it's a football thing), with only putting wicks in the "candles". We'll see what happens! :grin2: