Need pricing assistance please

ladysj

I'm not sure the best way to do this. I have someone wanting pricing for 150, 500 & 1000 candles to sell for a center fundraiser they are having. From my understanding they will have them displayed for sale not individual people going out & selling them. He's looking for about a 9 ounce candle so my thinking is a salsa or hex jar to cut down costs.

I'm not sure the best way to price these out I'm totally math challenged. I had a fundraiser sheet some where but can't find it now. Any thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by ladysj

Guest OldGlory

I did a fundraiser for a huge office in Chicago (insurance company). They requested 1000 candles. Since I do only wholesale it was pretty easy for me to quote her prices. Since this is a fundraiser for them, you want your prices to be low enough for them to double. If your cost is $5.00, they should be able to sell the candle for $10.00 or more. And the final retail price needs to be reasonable enough for the potential customers to want to buy. I like to suggest they build in a little extra profit so they can price one candle at a slightly high price, but 2 or 3 for a better price. For example, one candle for $12, 2 for $20, maybe even 3 for $25. Something like that. That's just a guideline, but multiples pricing really works.

First thing I would want to know is : how many different fragrances? Are you going to have to take them testers? If so, you have to factor that in to your costs.

Next, how soon after the order is placed do you have to make the candles? This could also effect your costs if they want it right away and you have to spend more to get your supplies.

Then, nail down a container, wax, labels, EVERYTHING they want on/in the candle.

Get all of this in writing because you don't want them to say 'No, that's not what I asked you to do'.

Once you have it all in writing, get your costs on everything.

If it were me, I'd insist on 50% down, the rest on delivery.

For 150 candles, in no more than 12 fragrances, I'd go double cost plus 10-15%.

For 500 candles, still in no more than 12 fragrances, I'd go double cost plus 5-10%

For 1000 candles, in up to 20 fragrances, I'd go double cost.

The more you buy, the better your prices, USUALLY. That should be reflected in the wholesale price.

Good luck!