Moving Poured Candle Jars

Whenever I am pouring candles, I place the wicked jar on my scale and use the pour pot to pour the wax. When I go to move the jar to my cooling rack the wax always moves around and leaves residue above the pour line. This is driving me crazy!

I have tried both heating the jars (only get little dots of wax on the glass above the pour line when moving) pouring into room temperature jars (leaves an extremely uneven pour line from the movement).

Does anyone have any tips for how they weigh the wax for the individual candle and pour it without having to move it?

I weigh already finished candles and make an eyeball memory of the fill spot and then when I pour I eyeball that spot and pour to just above to allow the wax to shrink down as it cools. It works for me, I weigh periodically and 98% of my candles are within 10 grams of each other. I will marked my small containers as a 5 ounce candle, when in actuality it's a 5.2 ounce just to cover any little variances.

I don't like moving them after pouring for all the reasons you mentioned and for the times when you don't get a good grip on the straight sided jar and it gets dropped on your shoe and the glass breaks on your cement floor.....................

It's easier to weigh what goes into the pour pot than moving the jar off a scale. I personally just do multiples of three when I pour, and put in the pot the correct weight of wax and then divide between the three jars. Weighing each jar is entirely too time consuming if you plan to sell your candles. :)