Candle Source FOs in CP?

Marilyna

HI,

I was wondering if anyone has used Candle Source FOs in CP. I did go through the review on the Soap Scent Review Board, but only found 7 that worked great in CP.

So, I thought some of you may know of some others that are strong and don't accelerate trace too badly.

Thanks for your help!

Be Delicious Type, J&J Bedtime Bath Type, Butt Naked, and Fantasy all held scent well for me in cp, last two discolored and I don't recall any of these accelerating trace. Let us know if any others do well for you..

Shar,

Thanks so much for the input! I've ordered a few 1 ozers to test and I will post what I find out.

From the Scent Review Board these were recommended for CP:

Sun Washed Linen - Really strong

Kumquat

Fresh Cut Roses

Sage & Citrus

Lemongrass

Orange Canteloupe

Cucumber Melon

I ordered all those except Orange canteloupe (they were out) in 4 oz size. Hope the reviews were right!

I soaped the Lemongrass today and it did great. No acceleration (but I do always hand-stir in my FOs). Smells wonderful and the house is full of the scent. Seems really strong. I think it may be slightly different than the real EO, because it smells warmer/better somehow.

• 1 month later...

Here are my results after cure:

Note that I hand stir all FOs in and try to work fast in case. I also use 33% lye solution and soap as soon as lye water turns clear

Lemongrass - still wonderful after cure, no discoloration

Sun Washed Linen - very strong, no issues soaping -did a swirl - no discolor - smells like laundry detergent

Fresh Cut Roses - got a little thick at end of pour, no discolor - smells like a bouquet of roses, including the greenery

Sage & Citrus - no acceleration or discolor (but I colored the soap, so not positive) - definitely smells like a man scent, not really citrusy, but I like it

Kumquat - no acceleration or discolor - smells like very fresh oranges. Smells strong after cure. Love it

OMH - no acceleration, did discolor to tan - smells almondy - love it!

True Lavender - No accel, but I did work fast in case - No discolor. Smells like the real thing - could have been a hair stronger, but good enough

Cucumber Melon - No accel, no discolor. Smells mostly like cucumber - can't detect much melon

Twilight - No accel - was able to swirl - no discolor that I could tell, but I colored it heavily

Thanks so much for the reviews, Marilyn! I just soaped a batch of their Fantasy type. One of my regular customers says it's her favorite. I have a bottle of True Lavender, but haven't got around to testing it yet. Good to know it doesn't discolor or Accelerate.

Butt naked is a big seller for me, even though it discolors.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Shar,

How did you color your Fantasy soap? I want to soap it in the next couple of days. I was debating on whether just to make it the pink-burgundy color of the perfume bottle or swirl in some green & white like the package of the perfume.

Hey Shar,

How did you color your Fantasy soap? I want to soap it in the next couple of days. I was debating on whether just to make it the pink-burgundy color of the perfume bottle or swirl in some green & white like the package of the perfume.

The Fantasy fo will cause the soap to discolor tan, so keep that in mind when you color. I usually do a burgundy swirl. hth, and happy soaping:)

Forgot to review one. Sex on the Beach (was gonna change that name). It came out really lightly scented, plus it turned brown. Won't order that one again.

Good to know Marilyna- I never ordered this particular fragrance, I've soaped MC and another companies version in the past and was not happy with the outcome.