Please help with molds

You could buff the seam with an old pair of stockings, but you will never truly get rid of it. Seamless molds are very cheap & Candlewic or Candle Science have about the best prices. It's worth the investment if you are going to make a lot of pillars.

You could buff the seam with an old pair of stockings, but you will never truly get rid of it. Seamless molds are very cheap & Candlewic or Candle Science have about the best prices. It's worth the investment if you are going to make a lot of pillars.

I've gotten some great deals on metal molds and wick pins from Candlewic over the years. Subscribe to the newsletter for sales announcements which usually run for a two week period on a monthly basis. Molds are often on sale. Shipping is quick and "realistic" IMO

BTW: I used to use candle FO as a mold cleaner, but since I've bought Candlewic's mold cleaner, I've been very happy with it. It works really well, is pleasant smelling and is affordably low priced.

Good luck!

Edited by emilyspoppy
Additional Info

I just stared trying to make pillar candles and I got some molds for pretty cheap but they have that seem in it. Is there a way to get that seem out other than buying new seemless molds? TIA

When I first started I also got the molds with the seam in them..... after all the work trying to smooth the seam and still being able to see where it had been, it wasn't long before I ordered the seamless aluminium molds...that's been years and years ago...well worth the money to get seamless and you will be much happier and have more sanity. Now, if you are going to make grunge candles with them...the seam won't make a lick of difference.

Edited by puma52