The Candle Source Tart Wax

Okay. There was a time when i used the candle source wax and thought it was awesome. Then, when mulberry from Peak's didn't throw in this wax i thought "well, i better find a new wax" and started using 4794/6006 blend. But I'm starting to think that maybe i should buy the candle source wax and try it again. For those of you that have used it recently, is it still pretty awesome? I just have to realize that not every scent performs well in the wax i would use, but i think everyone on this board would understand when i say that i'm always searching for the best wax:tongue2:

The way I sing the praises about TCS wax, you'd think I owned a large chunk of the company, lol.

Remains my #1 wax, but in all fairness I should tell you that I am experimenting with different blends, hoping to find one that comes really close to The Candle Source wax. Reason? Makes me nervous to think that it is available from one supplier only. Make sure you do not end up with their relatively new container blend; it's the pits.

Maybe they should give you a chunk of their company :) I guess i'll have to give it a whirl again. I don't even want to think about how much money i've spent on wax and fragrance oils so far. It's definitely an addiction. I'll be careful not to get the container blend. Don't need any more crappy wax to add to the pile.

Okay. There was a time when i used the candle source wax and thought it was awesome. Then, when mulberry from Peak's didn't throw in this wax i thought "well, i better find a new wax" and started using 4794/6006 blend. But I'm starting to think that maybe i should buy the candle source wax and try it again. For those of you that have used it recently, is it still pretty awesome? I just have to realize that not every scent performs well in the wax i would use, but i think everyone on this board would understand when i say that i'm always searching for the best wax:tongue2:

Peak's Mulberry is the FO that I consider the worst FO I've tried so far; and I love Peak's FO's in general, they are awesome. I couldn't get it to throw in my candles with 4627 wax and HTP wicks no matter what. I wouldn't make a decision about a wax based on one FO. I can't remember if I tried throwing chunks of those Peak's Mulberry dud candles in my melter, but I'll try it today.

Edited by HorsescentS

The way I sing the praises about TCS wax, you'd think I owned a large chunk of the company, lol.

Remains my #1 wax, but in all fairness I should tell you that I am experimenting with different blends, hoping to find one that comes really close to The Candle Source wax. Reason? Makes me nervous to think that it is available from one supplier only. Make sure you do not end up with their relatively new container blend; it's the pits.

Ravens, is TCS tart wax a parasoy? Will it throw almost everything like paraffin, or do you have to stick to only FOs that throw in soy? UPDATE: I called TCS and they said there's no soy in their tart wax blend.

Also, I see on their website that they say to add the FO at 175, but is that even hot enough to get the scent to really bind with the wax? especially with heavy FO's like vanillas and spices, do you have to add at a higher temp? http://www.thecandlesource.com/id77.html

Edited by HorsescentS

Peak's Mulberry is the FO that I consider the worst FO I've tried so far; and I love Peak's FO's in general, they are awesome. I couldn't get it to throw in my candles with 4627 wax and HTP wicks no matter what. I wouldn't make a decision about a wax based on one FO. I can't remember if I tried throwing chunks of those Peak's Mulberry dud candles in my melter, but I'll try it today.

Cinnaberries was another dud that I tried.

You're correct, it's paraffin, and throws great with nearly all FOs. I add the FOs after I do a few "weird" things with the wax temp, though :wink2:

Ravens, is TCS tart wax a parasoy? Will it throw almost everything like paraffin, or do you have to stick to only FOs that throw in soy? UPDATE: I called TCS and they said there's no soy in their tart wax blend.

Also, I see on their website that they say to add the FO at 175, but is that even hot enough to get the scent to really bind with the wax? especially with heavy FO's like vanillas and spices, do you have to add at a higher temp? http://www.thecandlesource.com/id77.html

You're correct, it's paraffin, and throws great with nearly all FOs. I add the FOs after I do a few "weird" things with the wax temp, though :wink2:

Oh, drat! :laugh2: Well, I hope I can figure it out. I was going to try making my own blend first, but I know your tarts are awesome, so it would be silly of me not to try TCS tart wax.

Edited by HorsescentS

• 1 month later...

Wellington Fragrance has an awesome Mulberry.

I've used it, successfully, in 4627, 4639, 4627, 4786, and Palm wax.

I only use their Premium line, and I have yet to find a fragrance that doesn't throw well.

Wellington Fragrance has an awesome Mulberry.

I've used it, successfully, in 4627, 4639, 4627, 4786, and Palm wax.

I only use their Premium line, and I have yet to find a fragrance that doesn't throw well.

Interesting! I rarely see that company mentioned here, maybe it's everybody's best-kept secret? lol I'll have to give their Mulberry a try. I really love Cajun's Mulberry Madness.