watched pot never boils

Guest OldGlory

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well folks, my watched pot will arrive at the post office today, and it will sit there until Saturday, because I don't have a car to go get it!!!! How pathetic am I :([/quote

Hasn't the USPS in WV heard about Rural Free Delivery. It's a federal thing and not a state thing.

The only time I had packages returned to the PO by my driver is when they were insured. He leave's a note in the door or mailbox though, that I can sign and he will return here with the item. I sell jewelry so it's not unusual to have packages insured.

I finally broke down and wrote a letter authorizing my mail carrier to sign for me. I have not had to go to the PO since. I have a vehicle, but I can't drive.

My wife gets off too late to go to the PO. Heaven forbid USPS remained open long enough so folks who work for a living can ship packages or pick up their mail.

There should be a solution to your problem. Start with the supplier first and work the system if necesary. JMO/HTH

Edited by emilyspoppy

Thanks EP. I have several times tried to get my carrier to deliver packages, I live right on the main road, about 2 miles from the post office, but he says it is "too dangerous to dismount here", so he refuses to bring packages to my door. Even though I live at the end of a straight stretch. It's kind of complicated, but the post office is to the west of me, and he drives past my house, around 11 am, and and delivers up the mountain, then comes back and delivers down the mountain. I get my mail around 3:30. Now if he would stop his first time through, going into the curve, it would be no problem. But my mailbox is across the street, coming out of the curve. I've been thinking about moving the mailbox, but I figure he would have some kind of complaint about that too. He's a little more hateful than the UPS driver lol Now sometimes I have packages delivered to my in laws, they have the sweetest people at their post office. I'll have my car in a couple of weeks, and then it will be no problem.

Thanks EP. I have several times tried to get my carrier to deliver packages, I live right on the main road, about 2 miles from the post office, but he says it is "too dangerous to dismount here", so he refuses to bring packages to my door. Even though I live at the end of a straight stretch. It's kind of complicated, but the post office is to the west of me, and he drives past my house, around 11 am, and and delivers up the mountain, then comes back and delivers down the mountain. I get my mail around 3:30. Now if he would stop his first time through, going into the curve, it would be no problem. But my mailbox is across the street, coming out of the curve. I've been thinking about moving the mailbox, but I figure he would have some kind of complaint about that too. He's a little more hateful than the UPS driver lol Now sometimes I have packages delivered to my in laws, they have the sweetest people at their post office. I'll have my car in a couple of weeks, and then it will be no problem.

Get your DH to stop at a video store (They do know what videos or DV's are in WV, don't they?)

Well anyway; Get him to rent "Funny Farm" and enjoy watching it and relaxing a bit as Chevy Chase tries to outwit Kevin Conway's character in just getting his mail simply; "In the box"!

Maybe you will want to start searching around for a great big round rock before you watch the movie. You will also need some camo gear and a "friend" to assist you.

Unbelieveable, but I'm sure your struggle is true! I know from your posts you are a good Christian. I'm a Christian too, but how many ioiots are you willing to allow to smack you on both sides of your face? Go to war, girlfriend! (lol) Note: Humor IS intended here.

Sorry for your plight, but my contention is that you spent hard money for them to deliver to you! It's a shame when they have to do something to earn their pay to provide the service you paid for.

Skip calling "Brown" corporate. The Post Office General of your territory should be listed in the blue pages of your phone directory. Do they have phone service in WV?

Maybe when your DW picks up "Funny Farm" he might want to check out "Wrong Turn" too!

"Redbud"

But my mailbox is across the street, coming out of the curve. I've been thinking about moving the mailbox, but I figure he would have some kind of complaint about that too.

If you'd like to move your mailbox all you have to do is draw a diagram. Show where the box is now and indicate where you would like to place it. On his way up the mountain (if I understand correctly) your box would be on the right side of the road and he could safely dismount. And then take the diagram (and photos if you could manage it) with you when you go see your Postmaster. In a lot of cases they will approve it. However if your box is currently co-located with others relocation may be disapproved with the justification that making another "stop" would decrease fuel efficiency.

Worst that can happen is they say no.

What about building a package delivery box next to your mailbox? Then all the postman needs to do is place packages into the delivery box instead of taking it to your house. Have a secure latch so that animals can't take up residence. Then there is nothing for him to complain about. I'm in Pa, not WV, and I live rural as well. Many houses out in the country have package boxes for this reason.

That sucks about your UPS guy. I have the happiest UPS guy, he will carry the heavy and bulky boxes into the house and even down the stairs to my basement studio and put them anywhere I need them to go. If I am working in the yard when he goes by he always beeps and waves (makes my dog nuts!). If I had a cheeky one like that I think I'd be calling corporate, there are too many people who need a decent job to employ such a negative employee that makes the company look bad.

Judy- Our box is with others, but the boxes at the houses around the curve are on this side of the road. It'll be worth a try, I'm start putting something together!! And Chefmom, If he was the one that delivered all the time, I would definitely call, but he delivers probably less than 1/4th of the time, so I don't have to deal with him often. Justin, the regular driver, so sweet as can be.

My "contracted" mail driver passes my house twice too! I get my regular mail when he goes by the second time. I have purchased the largest authorized mailbox made, so many times my jewelry and other smaller sized packages will fit in it. I do this for his convenience. If I get a package that is too big to fit in the box, he will deliver it on his first pass-by.

I hear the beep, beep, beep, of his small pick-up truck with a cap, backing into my yard. If the weather is at all going to be even damp over a two day period, he will have the package placed in a plastic bag and tucked up close to the wall on my house, under an overhang.

I've lived here about 20 years and have had about three different drivers. They've all been good, but I got to know Mitch and he's been the best. I also will give (left in the box) a small gift for him, his wife or daughters, once in a while. I don't know or care if it's legal. I just wanted Mitch to know I appreciate his servive.

Maybe you should try to be at your mailbox a couple of times and work some charm on the old dude. Maybe just leave a candle with a polite note.

It sounds to me like Chefmom has her UPS guy quite interested in her or her cooking! (lol)

I've read the Ten Commandments a bunch of times. I've watched the movie more than I'd like to admit, too! I've never noticed, though, one that stated;

"Thou shall not flirt or suck-up"

Dave

It sounds to me like Chefmom has her UPS guy quite interested in her or her cooking! (lol)

I've read the Ten Commandments a bunch of times. I've watched the movie more than I'd like to admit, too! I've never noticed, though, one that stated;

"Thou shall not flirt or suck-up"

Dave

How did you know? He is up between my chocolate fudge and my soft sugar cookies as his favorite!! :) Many times we will stop for a chat, I'm the last leg of his daily route. He is the sweetest guy and my hubby likes to tease me for flirting with the UPS guy. I told him not to be shocked if I invite him to dinner some night, the last time my husband built a computer I saw the big brown truck every night for two weeks (minus weekends). We see a LOT of our UPS guy between the two of us..........

How did you know? He is up between my chocolate fudge and my soft sugar cookies as his favorite!! :) Many times we will stop for a chat, I'm the last leg of his daily route. He is the sweetest guy and my hubby likes to tease me for flirting with the UPS guy. I told him not to be shocked if I invite him to dinner some night, the last time my husband built a computer I saw the big brown truck every night for two weeks (minus weekends). We see a LOT of our UPS guy between the two of us..........

For chocolate fudge and sugar cookies, I'll haul packages down your steps. and I'm in a wheelchair!

You're right, I haven't got a clue, but I hope she's as catty as Minnie!!!

Just remember . . . "WWJD" ?

"Maid Minnie" my . . . .

We call them; "Kitty Tootsie Rolls" at this ranch.

I don't know how stupid your MM is, but you couldn't get me to eat something I found in a mailbox.

A candle might be a better choice, but I'd try to avoid gifting him one labeled "Monkey F*rts"! You might send a different message than intended (or not?) .

What's the story on the new avatar? I though another member jumped into the discussion.

Edited by emilyspoppy
Some more stupid stuff I thought of.