Easiest lip balm and lip gloss?

Darbla

I have some flavor oils that I never did anything with, so to try to make use of them I wondered what the simplest gloss and balm is? I don't sell so I'm not trying to be super fancy; just use up something so I don't feel like the money was completely wasted. I suppose if nothing else I could just mix some in with some Vaseline petroleum jelly?

I was going to respond and suggest that but not being a maker of B&B (I only mix FO's into bases and just for myself) I was hesitant. I use coconut oil for everything! I use it to remove makeup, on my dry hands and lips and even on and for my 3 little dogs.

My hesitation was that I ave no idea (nor experience) how flavoring would blend or if it would change the texture or consistency. Guess there would be no harm in trying!

Thanks, dear. I googled for coconut oil in lip gloss recipes, and found several where in addition to the coconut oil they have beeswax + a liquid oil. Well, it seems like the beeswax and liquid oil just cancel each other out in solidity, so I suppose straight coconut oil would have a good enough texture. I'll try anyway. Thanks for chiming in!

Kitn is correct, you will need some beeswax, candelillia, or carnuba to stiffen it up. Remember coconut oil 76 degree melts at said degree, same goes for 92 degree. So both will melt in the pocket in warm weather. The above 3 waxes have much higher melt points. 4% is usually the max flavoring including your sweetner if you use liquid sweetner