Double Wicking

Everything I have read is that a jar that is 4-inches or wider is easier to wick with a double wick, but again, it depends on your wax. You may be able to get a big wick to work depending on the wax/fo combo.

I use 6006 and have now poured two 3 3/4-inch wide jars to start testing this year. I have lite up one with two wicks and it has been burning very well, however there are two stick to the jar points, making an oval melt pool. I'll have to see if it catches up towards the half way point or not, I may have to bump the wick size up.

The second jar I made with one big ole LX 24 and mrs claus' sugar cookie (ng) and my daughter will be testing that one this weekend. It's one of her favorites and so I made it for her birthday.

When I look at the 3 3/4 diameter I don't think it would need three wicks, but it's all up to the fo's. I do like the look of the multi wick candle when it burns.

Yes, at about 4 inches I move to a double wick. I don't like large, long flames and they promote soot so I try to avoid them. The solution to this has a lot a variables, what is the melting point of your wax, what type of wick are you using, is your container straight-sides or curved in places... All of these factors will influence how the candle will burn. I didn't even mention how the different FOs and amount used will affect your candle. Multiple wicked candles have issues, drowning of one of more of the wicks is a common problem. One tip for now is that different wicks put out different levels of heat. Zinc core wicks are the coolest while cotton core are at the hot end of the spectrum. Everything is in between. Larger wicks may or may nor produce a larger melt pool based on their rate of wax consumption (ROC).