Palm Wax Wick Flare-up

Laurie is my SIL & I believe she sells used items. Very tall, big woman. Haven't talked to her for over a year, so don't know if she's still there. I think I used a BurchMart right past the diner with the car on the roof on the left side of the road. This part of Tn is very much like Southern Md. only not flat! My most favorite niece lives in Hollywood.

Darn, thought I was going to become rich by selling DD. I have 5 dogs & 5 more dogs are always leaving presents to let us know this is their territory.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Burchmart you stopped at was located in the median at Mechanicsville a few miles south on route 235 from "Berts Diner" a favorite hangout for old car colectors. I designed the interior of the C-store which was built about 1990. I have two colonial-style tables, one of pine and one of oak, I made out of lumber left over from the construction of the store. I would never part with them. They will be part of my will to my two daughters.

My wife has two cats, both "fixed" females. Despite the fact that we have three litter boxes in various parts of the house, one of the cats has "claimed" them all for herself. Fortunately she will allow the other cat to use one to urinate in, but that's it! All H*ll breaks loose at leaset once a day and my wife gets the joy of picking up the pile of "tootsie rolls" left by the loser of the battle.

I've never been a cat person, but for some reason they have both adapted me as the love of their life. It's sickening! I am always stumbling over them, because they are always rubbing against my legs and such. I wish they would just stop and go sleep it off somewhere.

I don't know your SIL, but I will check with Carrie to give me the scoop on her. She know's all of the dealers, both present and past.

Take care in Tennessee!

Dave

Dear Tracey;

I think I may be doing more reading than typing, at least for a while.

I just read a thread in the "Off Topic" forum that I was not able to reply post to due to my restricted membership. It was about being considered a "dummy" if you made a writing or speaking error.

Yikes!

I wasn't expecting the board to be quite so "unforgiving" to writers like ME.

I used to be a reporter/photograper and news editor for a small county-wide weekly newspaper, but I can assure you that I had several staff members proof-reading my output prior to publication.

I was quite active on the Bitter Creek board before being hospitalized for over a year. During that period, the board seemed to slow to a virtual stop. I never had anyone complain about my writing style, punctuation or grammar there, but they had a working "spell check" feature that saved me quite a bit of embarassment. (SP?) :rolleyes2

My wife opened a virus infected email on my primary HP PC while I was in the hospital. I have not been able to get it to function properly since returning home. She took it to two "repair" shops and they both said it was "up and running fine", only to hook it up at home to find neither knew what they were talking about. I have half a lfetime's worth of work in that machine, which now just stares silently and coldly at me.

A good friend gave me his older version Dell computer that he had replaced with a laptop. He had it really loaded with a bunch of junk, but after an hour or so of deleting files and programs, I had it running pretty well.

He didn't have "spell check" on it, though! ("Spider Solataire" was absent too, but that's another story!)

When I tried to download the "spell check" version recomended in this board, I have have had nothing but problems with my PC operating properly. I'm trying now to "fix it" and restore it to the period before attempting the download, which, by the way, did not provide me with the "SC" feature.

Once the doctor and hospital bills stop arriving, we may go shopping for a new PC.

I'm not real happy right now! I'll get over it though! I'll take two 10mg Diazapam (Vallium) with one 16 oz. Gin & Tonic just prior to bed time.

I normally would avoid stealing a thread like this, but since it was your's to begin with, I guess it's OK to post this here.

I think, at least until I get a working "spell check" feature running, I'll;

"Remain silent and thought a dummy, than to speak up and remove all doubt!"

One positive note for me today, though! We were warned to expect to receive four to six inches of snow overnight! It just rained all night and the sun is shining beautifully right now! Phew! The older I get the more I hate winter.

A half hour drive north of here (Lexington Park area) at Charlotte Hall (Where our shop is.), they did get some snow. I'm not sure how much, though.

Dave :cool2:

OOPS!

I'm sorry! I had thought this thread was pretty much wrapped up on the topic.

Three earlier posts arrived while I was "composing".

PLEASE; Accept my apologies!

Dave *hiding*

Edited by emilyspoppy

I recall "Black Gold" and "Texas Tea" !

Hey, maybe you could get some booze type scent and call it "Tenneesee Tea" (A take-off on "Moonshine".)

Being a fragrance designer is worse than being a "crack junkie"; I imagine. I live near a school in a "drug free zone". It's super hard time for even first-time offenders, but;

I have awakened abrubtly in the dead of night and headed into my candle room and set up, beakers, flasks and pipettes! Sick! Simply Sick! Have you seen the old "Bride of Frankenstein" movie with Elsa Lanchester and Boris Karloff?

"Hisssss!. . . It's alive!"

I have all of my neighbors now terrified to see me coming at them with a little bottle in my hand. Most of the time, they will recoil and put both hands in the air and claim "Sorry! I have a cold. Can't smell a thing!" as they turn and flee. I don't understand why they react like this, and it hurt's my feelings.

It's not like I was asking them to pull my finger or do something gross.

I have had nightmares where they are all marching down our street, carrying torches and screaming profanities towards our house.

"Dave; :cry2: Sad (and sleepless) in St. Mary's" !!

Licorice and Peppermint . . .Hmmmm?

Edited by emilyspoppy

Thanks I couldn't remember the words! Black Gold!

So far I have no interest in mixing FOs. Thank Goodness!!!!!!!!

Yes, I've seen the movie & I'm sure you truly are scaring your neighbors! Maybe if you told them it's a gun powder fragrance or race car aroma. I know, I know! Harley Davidson FO. I've never seen so many riders before, until I started driving down there.

Since HD is a registered trademark, I might have to rename it "Burnt Rubber".

Sales may be slow, but I'll bet the lids on the jars in our shop get taken off more than a few times!

People are weird! A name change can turn a slow seller into an ovenight sensation!

I's still working on "Blace Ice". I will have to take Ambien tonight to get any sleep!

Dave

AKA "Mr. Stinky" (But in a good way, please!)

If I told you the first thoughts that came to mind, I would never get off of probation!

Oh, I can see it coming now! Do you know a man whose nickname is DustPuppy? Got in trouble ALL the time ... but then again he had NO filter in the off-topic area. Geez, I miss him!

Wasn't he the one with an exaggerated post count, like hundred thousand gazoodles of posts?

Yep ~ 885,475,972 and was last here lurking in November. Everyone is welcomed here - and I still give kudos to Peak for being the sponsor. It's great to know that members "from other boards" have a great place to come!

Wow! I'm getting to post with a Marine! That makes me quite happy for some reason. I feel like polishing some brass or field stripping a weapon!

I am assuming that it is you who is in the Corps and not a spouse or relative. Are you a lifer or just in for a standard enlistment? I was discharged a long time ago as a mere Lance Corporal. I served the bulk of a three year deferred enlistment. I was wounded twice, neither of which I am at all proud of and was shipped stateside about 2 months earlier than a standard tour "in country" which was then 13 months.

I deployed over as a rifleman in an Infantry Company with the Third Marine Division, but about three weeks after I arrived there as a replacent in a rifle squad, I was re-assigned to the First Division. The Third was pulled out and stationed in Okinawa. They're still there. I miised the "Tet" and "Hue City" battles and found myself in the period where were the politicians were downsizing our presence there.

I would like to blame my disaeased brain on combat wounds that I received in "That Crazy Asian War", but Ruby, OOPS! I meant to say Judy; I have checked my High School Yearbook class of 1967 and found the trouble started prior to boot camp. Shame! I was counting on some VA help or disability allotment.

I'm stuck in a wheelchair right now, but improving. Some of the doctors wrote up during five recent surgeries that my leg problems were due mostly to wounds I received to my lower legs over 40 years ago. Both of my legs are quite scarred, but they only really began giving me problems a few years ago. It wasn't even my legs they operated on. I wish they had just kept their opinions out of print.

Now my insurance company wants me to re-emburse them for payments they made and file claims with VA. I'm fighting it. My daughter and her husband, both Vet's, have supervisory jobs in VA. They are trying to help straighten out this mess for me. I'm not sure where it will end up.

You really don't have too much to worry about with me being too "gabby". I just don't care to be classified as a "wax drip". It's almost as bad as being called a "boot" and I'm sure you can recall the other names that went along with that distinction.

As I said in another post, I am trying to get an enema, I mean enigma rating. Once I "graduate", I'll be a bit quieter. Not a lurker. . . More of a looker.

There are so many obviously talented chandlers on this board, I doubt if I will have that much to offer.

By the way; I'm a big fan of Peak! I just got a large order in about two weeks ago. I'm not sure why, but I actually bought a 6" wide and very deep dipping vat along with my other goodies.

Many years ago when I lived outside of Dover Air Force base in Delaware, I ENJOYED making and selling hand-dipped tapers in the back yard on sunny days. My wife used to poke fun at me and claim the neighbors thought I was having rehab treatments or something. I did find it theraputic and soothing on my nervous system, though.

I also after a decade long search finally found (pretty close) a fragrance that I have really wanted, from Peak; Honey (Actually; "Wild Mountain Honey") plain and simple! No flowery notes to speak of. "Semper-Fi!"

Take care and don't let the sand fleas bite!

Dave

Right now I just want my enema! I promise to behave.

I cannot recall buying a weak Peak (It rhymns!) fragrance!

Please moderators! Don't ship me off to "Motivation Platoon" !!! I'll spend a few hours on the quarterdeck, but I do want to stay with the squad.

Dave