How to find craft shows?

Guest OldGlory

Next time I get an email from Louis Events finder I will link it here. Or you could try looking up Louis Events finder. They want you to subscribe, but I have not and they still send me email.

OG- I googled that and didn't find anything, and when I googled craft shows all I got was festival net, which requires a paid subscription. I finally came across this, which seems to be the best so far! http://wvcommerce.org/travel/thingstodo/history/fairsandfestivals.aspx

Edited by FaithfulScenter
my fingers are too fast for my brain :)

Guest OldGlory

I usually get a link every few weeks. It might be called Festival net, but I have not subscribed and I get a list of events in each email.

Another thing you can do is go to the website for local cities and see if you can find a listing for events or festivals or fairs, etc.

Get on the phone and start making calls.

Your Chamber of Commerce.

Your state tourist division.

Your state and/or local fair grounds.

Churches. Lots of churches have craft shows.

School. Same as above.

Hospitals. Same as above.

And so forth.

Ask every single person you call if they know of anyone who puts on craft shows.

When you do attend a craft show, ask other vendors for craft show information.

And yes, craftlister.com is a good resource, but isn't all inclusive. Asking will get you further than anything.

Thank you Sliver! That was the problem I was having with the events that were listed on the sites. I'm still small beans, and I just don't think I would be able to produce the inventory to do a huge 3 day convention. Maybe one of these days, but not anytime soon! I will definitely start making calls!!

And please don't forget about the Bridal Shows. If you don't have a line for the Wedding Reception you can always develope something for use at the Showers.

Another local source is your newspaper (hard copy, not the internet version.) See if there is anything upcoming in their local events requests from churches or other fundraising events.

And please don't forget about the Bridal Shows. If you don't have a line for the Wedding Reception you can always develope something for use at the Showers.

Another local source is your newspaper (hard copy, not the internet version.) See if there is anything upcoming in their local events requests from churches or other fundraising events.

Or do like I've done and take stock on hand and simply rename it. I renamed Frangipiani (sp) Wedding Day. Frangipiani sounds like a disease. And years ago, I owned a flower shop and knew what it was. I still wouldn't put that name on a candle.