Doubt on domain name

cybersix

Hi everyone, I'm thinking to register a domain name since I'm back in the candlemaking business.

I want to keep it short and clear.

I found the italian version of scented candles is available. It's candele-profumate.it.

But, the too similar candeleprofumate (without dash) is already registered. I don't want someone going to the other site for mistake..

there is also candle scents, candeleprofumi.it, and the version with dash between the two words is not registered yet too.

I'm thinking about letting go the name of the business from the domain name because it would come out too long.

What do you think about it?

I'm tempted to register candeleprofumi and candele-profumi, that is the "slogan" of my business since I don' make only candles.

Any thought?

Thanks!

No dash. Please! As a web developer, this notion makes me cringe. :wink2:

Also, stick with a .com if you can. It will cost a little more but is more than worth it as browsers today auto-redirect to .coms by default. Just my opinion.

Registered it without dash. I got the .it domain, the .com is available and every extension costs the same (10 euros) so I'm thinking to get the .com too. I didn't know about this auto-redirect in browsers!

Registered it without dash. I got the .it domain, the .com is available and every extension costs the same (10 euros) so I'm thinking to get the .com too. I didn't know about this auto-redirect in browsers![/Q]

Definitely spring for the .com (usually helps with search engines too!)