wicks have arrived...

i gave up on cb adv last week and ordered 464.

after reading that lot's of folks have had good results with the performa wicks,

i placed an order. they arrived today!

i had already poured new testers, unscented, with the 464. i'm using the 8oz status jar and the 12 1/4 oz status jar. following bitter creeks recommendations i put the performa 90 in the smaller jar and the performa 95 in the larger one.

it will be monday before i can light them up, tomorrow is a 12 hr shift at my real job.

this is so exciting!!

• 3 weeks later...

sorry to say that the 1st burn with the performa wicks was a failure.

this is the 12 1/4 oz status jar with the performa 95 wick. it had a tunnel

almost 1/2 deep after 15 minutes!!

post-10445-139458507118_thumb.jpg

and this was the 8oz status with the performa 90

at almost 1 hour in to the burn. the melt pool was

approx 1/4 in deep.

post-10445-139458507122_thumb.jpg

i pulled both wicks and re-wicked them both with performa 60.

this is the 12 1/4 oz after switching. post-10445-139458507125_thumb.jpg

this was 1hr into the burn.

and this is the 8oz after switching. also 1 hr into the burn.

post-10445-139458507128_thumb.jpg

i'm going to continue to test the 8 oz with the performa 60, but i think i'll pull the 12 1/4 wick and try a

different wick. i have both cd's and htp's.

Edited by amori

• 2 weeks later...

I see you use a tapered glass. The second test on the 8oz doesn't look bad, you probably should burn it all the way and see if it catches up. Might need to wick up on the 12 1/4 but the burns really look nice. Tapered containers are difficult; wick for the bottom of the glass. If you wick for the top, you will be overwicked at the bottom. I am one of the people who loves the performa wicks although I also use HTP.

i gave up on cb adv last week and ordered 464.

after reading that lot's of folks have had good results with the performa wicks,

i placed an order. they arrived today!

i had already poured new testers, unscented, with the 464. i'm using the 8oz status jar and the 12 1/4 oz status jar. following bitter creeks recommendations i put the performa 90 in the smaller jar and the performa 95 in the larger one.

it will be monday before i can light them up, tomorrow is a 12 hr shift at my real job.

this is so exciting!!

ENJOY! We've been using 464 since our start and LOVE IT, its beautiful. We had a ton of frustrations with it but didn't give up. We've never used performa wicks but I can tell you that we settled on CD wicks for all jar candles and ECO for our tins. Hope you love 464 as much as we do! We have, through trial and error, developed a cooling/curing precedure that helps prevent most of things like pits, etc. So, if you need any help to get you through your testing with 464 just let me know, I will try to help. Just hang in there, you'll be happy that you did! Good luck and most of all HAVE FUN!