Which would you use?

I'm comparing waxes online to decide on what to order to try out.. I have it narrowed down to 415 and Ecosoya Xcel I think. I had also been looking at 464, but a lot of reading said the 415 had a much better HT.

I'm not incredibly worried about the appearance of the candle as far as the issues of the frosting with the 415, but would adding beeswax help this?

Two very different waxes, 415 is a basic soy wax with out all the additives found in 464. Xcel is probably has additives as well. I have not worked with Xcel but do use 415 from time to time. Beeswax and the soy wax I have used don't work too well, usually making the wax more brittle and forming cracks. Some of us add paraffin to help with the frosting issues.

415 if your wanting a good throw from a candle and Xcel if you want it to look pretty-

I have had great luck with a Xcel blend in melts but throw a wick in it and no throw for me....I gave up quick

I used 464 for a very long time and its a very nice wax- good throw and good appearance- I switched to 415 due to some burn issues with the 464 and the HT throw in 415 was way better for me

And as rjdaines stated- I also found beeswax to not work that great in 415 - I did like it in 464 though - have not tried it with Xcel

415 if your wanting a good throw from a candle and Xcel if you want it to look pretty-

I have had great luck with a Xcel blend in melts but throw a wick in it and no throw for me....I gave up quick

I used 464 for a very long time and its a very nice wax- good throw and good appearance- I switched to 415 due to some burn issues with the 464 and the HT throw in 415 was way better for me

And as rjdaines stated- I also found beeswax to not work that great in 415 - I did like it in 464 though - have not tried it with Xcel

Is there an additive I can add to the 415 to help with the appearance?

You can use USA- it works very well with 415- and you can not use anything at all and play with tempering and pouring temps with excellent results to -pouring just before slush stage works best for me and from what I have read on the threads- most people

And I do preheat my jars

You can use USA- it works very well with 415- and you can not use anything at all and play with tempering and pouring temps with excellent results to -pouring just before slush stage works best for me and from what I have read on the threads- most people

And I do preheat my jars

Universal Soy Additive, gotcha. Thank you so much for the info! :)

Paraffin!

Unless your stuck on using 100% soy. If you're going to add USA why not use a wax with it already added, like 464, C-3, Xcel, etc.

I like to add paraffin to about the 25 - 30%.

I am wanting to try Xcel too, I've heard good things about it. And it's available from my closest supplier (which is still a day's drive away lol).