USPS Price Increase!!!

leisa2003

WOW not good.Wholesalere out of state will be paying more.We have a couple.One has been with us for almost 4 years.Just the other day I asked my husband what was the cost to ship with the large flat rate.It was over $15.00 and now next year will be over $16.Bummer but I guess we have to deal with it.No choice.Just hope we keep our wholesalers,

LynnS

Will the Priority commercial base pricing take a hit?

I rarely ship flat rate, to avoid the ever-increasing fees.

By weight first class or priority com-based pricing is what I do.

Using paypal seems to shaves a little off too!

Yep,..they are going up 2%. Here is a more detailed read on all of it....

ETA: http://postandparcel.info/51174/news/companies/usps-to-hike-shipping-rates-letter-prices-to-rise-2-6/

I'm so glad we can pay bills online these days for free,..I cant see paying .46 cents to mail a check. I'm thinking about purchasing all my supplies locally starting next year, I've already seen on a couple supplier's Facebook pages that they are gearing up to raise their shipping costs..and some "gouge" on their shipping now, I bet they raise their price more than a buck. :(

Edited by leisa2003

Yep,..they are going up 2%. Here is a more detailed read on all of it....

ETA: http://postandparcel.info/51174/news/companies/usps-to-hike-shipping-rates-letter-prices-to-rise-2-6/

I'm so glad we can pay bills online these days for free,..I cant see paying .46 cents to mail a check. I'm thinking about purchasing all my supplies locally starting next year, I've already seen on a couple supplier's Facebook pages that they are gearing up to raise their shipping costs..and some "gouge" on their shipping now, I bet they raise their price more than a buck. :(

I guess a 2% hike isn't that bad. Thanks for the link.

Fedex and UPS are going up too just like every year. It's just out of control anymore. When I look back at invoices from 10+years ago I think WHY didn't I just get a storage lockers and stock up. How much money I would have saved.

I'm in the process of trying to get my jar manufacture to carry wax. Either that or I'm renting a truck and driving to PA twice a year and picking up everything. I just have to save somewhere.

Fedex and UPS are going up too just like every year. It's just out of control anymore. When I look back at invoices from 10+years ago I think WHY didn't I just get a storage lockers and stock up. How much money I would have saved.

I'm in the process of trying to get my jar manufacture to carry wax. Either that or I'm renting a truck and driving to PA twice a year and picking up everything. I just have to save somewhere.

Thats what I am going to do, I am lucky enough to live in Ohio close to The Candle Source and The Candlemaker Store,..I think I am going to try to do 90% of my buying with the two. Just wished both of them added new fragrance often though.