I am declaring that my slump shall end TODAY!!

I am plotting what I will pour today.

I want to try a blend of 4625 (50%)/4627 (25%)/415 (25%).

I REALLY want to try some FO's that I have not tried before but also think for a good comparison I should use some tried and true FO's.

Hmm...what is a girl to do?

I think I need the new FO's as motivation. With all of the wax testing I have been doing I have made the same handful of scents until I am about sick of them!

Anyone making anything today??

I got myself going last weekend and made about 25 small batches of melts, brittle and portion cups- my motivation was trying out some of the fo's I've had and just haven't used yet. Once I got on a roll, it was really fun! I have Christmas Spice (SC) melting now- which is wonderful, strong, and filling the first level of the house! Getting me in the mood for the holidays! (now I just need to recruit some people to help me test!) Have fun justajesuschick- let us know how your pouring goes!!

Glad to hear you declared your slump officially over :)

Hard decision there on the FOs. One one hand its nice to work with tried and true scents to know if the wax is working but then.....It does get so very old smelling the same stuff all the time while posts are tempting you to get new ones.......

I am testing 4 today that were made yesterday in containers. Am going to be trying tarts with 415/EL votive @ 50/50 and 4627/EL votive for sure. Might do a 4627/415/EL votive. Am testing for the richness soy brings to some (or many) FOs but worried about losing HT or longevity.

Have fun with your testing and be sure to let us know results ok?

GL

JBN-you owe us video of The Nutcracker!

se2653-you offer me more motivation! I only have 10-11 ounces remaining of the 415 so if I get on a roll like you did, I will make some of my usual all paraffin so that I can get instant gratification melting them right away while I wait for the others to cure! I have not yet made an order with SC. They are next on my list! I have not tried portion cups yet. I have some

on my watch list on ebay so that I can just try a few. I am not certain which waxes pop out just fine and which do not. It would be nice not having molds to wash.

jeanie-Girl, what in the world is EL votive???? Something I have not yet tried is what it is! haha! I am ready for the wax testing to be over, settle on what I like best and just get back to FO ordering fun!

jeanie-Girl, what in the world is EL votive???? Something I have not yet tried is what it is! haha! I am ready for the wax testing to be over, settle on what I like best and just get back to FO ordering fun!

That would be Enchanted Lights votive soy wax. I'll tell ya this stuff has HT comparable to paraffin. You can request free samples of it as well as their ME container soy and 100% soy wax for containers if you are interested. I got mine originally from Candle Soylutions. They send out 2 lb bags.

Mine was just a slump, I think, because I burned myself out. An eager newbie making too much at once! Since I make only for myself-or give away to friends who have talked into getting warmers, I was starting to fill another cabinet with what all the melts I have made!

Getting ready to get everything out. Have to change into cooler clothes though, it is an unseasonably warm 70 degree day here!

Mine was just a slump, I think, because I burned myself out. An eager newbie making too much at once! Since I make only for myself-or give away to friends who have talked into getting warmers, I was starting to fill another cabinet with what all the melts I have made!

Getting ready to get everything out. Have to change into cooler clothes though, it is an unseasonably warm 70 degree day here!

It's a balmy 61° here! Next weekend, high in the mid 30s :(

That is exactly how our weather as been.

I got my 4 test batches done. I chose new FO's to me:

Candlemaker's Store-Marshmallow

Angel's-Vanilla Pumpkin Pie

Cajun-Christmas Memories

BCN-Vanilla Spice

Since I had a bit of wax left I made a batch of my most favorite FO which is RE/AH Baked Apple (HI type). I have it in a few waxes so it will be a nice side by side test later.

lol justa, I had to laugh when I read > "An eager newbie making too much at once! "..I have a kitchen table full of bears/presto pot etc...An art table full of varying stages of lotion/lip balm/ body butter...A stack of notes printed from this board falling off my desk and tarts in every warmer ...I'm having a blast but I'll now keep in mind what you said about burn out lol.

Jeanie, Soy is another thing I've been wanting to do some tests with..Ever since I read that it gives bakery FO's a richness..

I swear, sleep is a complete waste of time lol

(nonchalauntly jotting down justas fave FO on my to try list)

Edited by Ivy

Well, I am glad not to be alone!

Those sweet ladies (jeanie and chandlerwicks) will be super helpful to you in your new addiction, um, I mean hobby! I, myself, am all knee deep in soy wax these days as a result of their "help"! haha! Really, they have offered their own experiences and shared a lot and I appreciate it.

I am testing a few soys and parasoys. So far I am seeing some promise with 415 mixed in with some of my paraffin.

Keep having fun!!

lol...Am so glad to have companions in this addiction.

I had a bad day with a soy/para blend I whipped up. Need to get some new FOs ordered in case this puts me in a slump. DH is asking what happened to the new budget. Had to remind him a slump is bad for me thus bad for him since I get sooo tired :)

So glad your slump has ended- hope your have good luck with your testing! I agree, there are so many helpful people on this forum that give wonderful advice and inspiration- thanks to all of you! This is been a fun hobby to have, and it's nice to have a place to bounce off ideas and get questions answered. (btw, JBN we want to see some pics of the Nutcracker- good luck to you with those performances!)