Dr Pepper Fragrance

rctfavr3

Had a customer email me over the Thanksgiving weekend looking for a Dr. Pepper candle. :undecided Desperately searching my sources...I found no such FO. But; I did do a little investigation on Google for a few copycat "recipes" of Dr. Pepper's 23 flavors and adapted those for an FO blend, simplifying the recipes to their base ingredients and my FO availablity. Success!

Dr. Pepper Type

.25 black cherry .25 Amaretto .25 root beer 25 french vanilla 2 drops clove

Enjoy.

Edited by rctfavr3

Must have been the clove paired with an amaretto-like scent. Interesting. The scent of Amaretto liqueur can be created by blending apricot and almond fragrances with a drop or two of tangerine or orange FOs. I can see all of those notes being used in the aroma profile of Mulled Cider. You're definitely on to something! I would think the apple and cinnamon scents would be more dominant, but I wouldn't be surprised if Lonestar's FO does contain a little amaretto, accidental or otherwise. It would be nice in a cider blend!

Edited by rctfavr3

NG has one called mr. Pepper. I have been wanting to get it for the longest time.

Didn't check NG. I guess NG and Taylored Concepts (AAA) were the only two I found that offered the fragrance oil. But I refuse to order from NG anymore! Their FOs are just too weak for my needs. I did try the Taylored Concept's "Dr. Pepper" way back before they closed, but it wasn't sweet enough or close enough (in wax) to warrant ordering it again. Let me know if you do try the one from NG. I sent my blend off for replication, but I may not need to if NGs is good. I just don't like the hit/miss ratio of their oils. LOL.

Edited by rctfavr3