Test and control done! Picture of my curing drawer!

justajesuschick

Fortunately, I am swimming in other melts that are just a few weeks old and my cabinet is packed!

I need to melt through a bunch in the next few weeks. Planning not to make anything new until my cabinet is better under control.

...unless you girls mention some other new wax that I JUST have to try!

Well, I HAVE them both (at this point, what don't I have??) but I worried about the consistency.

I do not make in clams nor cups so my melts need to be a bit sturdy. That and they go in cello bags and I cannot stand smudge-y cello bags!

Would the consistency be fine for individual melts?

I have to report I just got through playing with 4627/415 @ 75/25 and was highly impressed in a container. So am thinking that blend should throw like crazy in a tart. Chandler reports they come out great with no stickiness.

Just might have to whip up a small batch of some of these FOs sitting here from eBay that OOB are not exciting. Just need a little boost to get it done :)

For crying out loud the pair of you!

I just got everything cleaned, put away and organized!!

LOL....Am so glad I didn't have tea in my mouth when I read this.

ETA: Just realized I gave a container ratio above. I'll be reversing that for the tart test.

Edited by jeanie353

I think you should redesign your labels to for clamshells. You can hang a ribbon somewhere on the outside if you absolutely must. Yes I think they would smudge. But the CT alone is worth it!

Drink some more caffeine Jeanie!

Y'all need the compartment/SS/bin thing from Sam's! Everything goes in it & rolls into the corner!

Y'all need the compartment/SS/bin thing from Sam's! Everything goes in it & rolls into the corner!

Yes we do!

Since I moved out of the kitchen to downstairs where no one can see, I'm a little more lax about putting every last item back away....out of sight. Need to work on that.

Think I need to switch over to double strength Expresso rather than regular caffeine.

I have to report I just got through playing with 4627/415 @ 75/25 and was highly impressed in a container. So am thinking that blend should throw like crazy in a tart. Chandler reports they come out great with no stickiness.

Just might have to whip up a small batch of some of these FOs sitting here from eBay that OOB are not exciting. Just need a little boost to get it done :)

Jeanie, I use for my tarts 415 (75%) to 4627 (25%) and I get a great HT, but it last as long as 12 hrs. I want something to last 24 hrs atleast, if possible. :(

ETS: Maybe I should try 50/50. Hmmmmmm.

Edited by leisa2003

Jeanie, I use for my tarts 415 (75%) to 4627 (25%) and I get a great HT, but it last as long as 12 hrs. I want something to last 24 hrs atleast, if possible. :(

ETS: Maybe I should try 50/50. Hmmmmmm.

Oh oh....I might end up staying with the 4625 for the hard wax. I think (not sure) that is where the longevity is coming in. But I did get a little better result with 6098 than CBL125 but not much.

Am going to play around with the 4627/415 tho' to see how it works. Do you think 50/50 would be too soft? Guess we should just try and find out :)

Edited by jeanie353
multiple typos :(

I am not worried about a label since I make mainly for me. I just stopped buying clams from makers since I ended up with so many skunky smelling melts from the plastic!

Perhaps I could try some portion cups.

I just made 50/50 of 4625/415, Jeanie.

My molds, ladle, thermometers, scale, cookie sheets, etc. are in the drawer under my stove.

The rest is here in an unoccupied guest room:

post-14519-139458505303_thumb.jpg

Of course, now the bins on the bottom (full of wax) are stacked upon each other so that I could add my 5 gallon bucket of 4627. Oh, and a wooden crate filled with sample sizes of all of these other new waxes!

post-13614-139458505306_thumb.jpgI like this for all the little supplies. I need to figure out covers though because of dust. Waxes have their own space. Portion cups would be good, too. I haven't smelt any funky clamshells yet. I hope mine don't do that!

Isn't the 4627 nasty to get out of the bag? Yuch!

Edited by ChandlerWicks

Guest OldGlory

I buy clamshells from Aztec - found some that were several years old recently (because I'm not quite as organized as SOME of you, lol) and they don't leave a skunky smell in the wax. Just in case you need to buy more stuff.... lol.

Look forward to hearing the results of your testing!! Love your drawer- mine are all piled in a basket, overflowing! I just need to find time now to test all the wax samples I got, then I'll post some of my results too. Good luck and happy melting (after the waiting!!!)