Is it possible to make tarts/melts out of container wax

If you are making them for your personal use you could surely use container wax. I do it often with left over wax from pouring containers. Also, there is container wax out there with MPs in the high 120-130 MP range where they would hold up a little better in polypro baggies if you wanted to store them that way.

You may have a little problem getting them out of clamshells without leaving some left in the cavities or out of the tart molds. For tart molds, I put them in the freezer for a few minutes and they usually come out fine.

For selling, you probably would want to use a pillar/tart/votive wax. Many of us blend tart/pillar wax with container wax. I'd be happy to share what I'm using and have used as well. I think JAJC and I have used many of the same blends during our playing around with waxes.

HTH and have fun :)

Do you get a better HT if you mix with container wax. Has anyone mixed C3 with PB?

Tam...It may be different for others but I do and have had different results using various container waxes. The other reason I add container is to keep it a one pour. I have done some for home not using container wax when doing votives but I let the wax cool a little longer to keep the tarts from getting dips and eliminating a 2nd pour.

Guest OldGlory

I use 2 container waxes for tarts- 464 and 6006. Both throw well, and I love my 464 in candles for it's throw.

I bought some 4625 and blended it with 464 - got some really cute little shapes but ACK, all I smell is paraffin. Now, I do have serious candlemaker's nose and have a hard time picking up hot throw - but if I can smell the paraffin and not the scent, I am not interested in using the paraffin at all.

I use 2 container waxes for tarts- 464 and 6006. Both throw well, and I love my 464 in candles for it's throw.

I bought some 4625 and blended it with 464 - got some really cute little shapes but ACK, all I smell is paraffin. Now, I do have serious candlemaker's nose and have a hard time picking up hot throw - but if I can smell the paraffin and not the scent, I am not interested in using the paraffin at all.

So strange how things work for one and not for the next. I use paraffin and get no paraffin smell at all.

Guest OldGlory

Strange too that I get no paraffin smell from 6006 - it's more than half paraffin.

If I burn a paraffin pillar, again, I just smell the paraffin.

I was getting the "paraffin smell" from 4630, thought it was maybe the wicks, so tried different wicks and tried 4633- no paraffin smell with this wax. So interesting how everybody's nose and tastes are different, with wax and fo's!