I think I wasn't meant to pour last night!!

It may have had something to do with being tired after a full day of work and a meeting--I didn't get to even start pouring last night until 8:30, and things went downhill from there. I was running a bit low on jars, so I was only pouring what I needed to fill orders; thus a few of this and a few of that scent. I had wicks pull out of the tabs after pouring in 4 jars, and 3 clamshells that evidently had pinholes, so they leaked under all the surrounding clamshells, making for lots of fun in cleanup! I had such a mess on my pouring table I finally gave up with 3 scents still to be poured at 11:30 (have to get up at 5 for "real job").

I've had so much trouble with these clamshells from Impact leaking! Every time I pour I have a few that leak, and I've never had that happen with the ones from eClamshell. I was thrilled to find Impact because eClamshell's are so hard to separate, but I may have to go back to them. Anyone else having this problem? "A few" doesn't sound bad, but it creates such a mess it seems like more than a few!

And I normally use either silicone or, for a "quickie" when I don't have time for silicone to set, use hot glue to set my wicks. Well, this week I had ordered a roll of wick stickers from BCN to try and the stickers did a great job of keeping the tabs in place, but the wicks pulled out of the tabs. I've hardly ever had that happen, and I wonder if it's because both the silicone and hot glue seep in through the hole and stick the wick in along with the tab?

Anyway, I have a grandchild's birthday party to go to tonight so I won't get started until late again--hope tonight's pouring goes better!

Thanks for "listening" to me vent.

I've been ordering my clamshells from candle science. I used to order from impact. But since people were saying the have pin holes in them I diden't want to deal with it. I have also heard that eclamshells are hard to pull appart Thats why I don't order from them. When I am making clamshells I don't want to deal with wondering If there gonna leak or If I am gonna get sore hands from tring to get them appart. I also use hot glue to set my wicks and have never had a problem with the wicks coming out of the tabs. Maybe there not crimped good. Hope you have a better time of pouring tonight

I think you're right about the wicks not being crimped well--this weekend I need to start pouring about 30 cases for a fundraiser, so I'll get the silicone out. I don't bother with it when I need just a few because I have problems with it getting hard after being opened if I don't use the entire tube.

I may have misunderstood, but I think I've read somewhere that Impact and eClamshell are the only manufacturers of wholesale clamshells and that they provide them to most of the suppliers like CS. With the quantities I need, I really need to buy the wholesale cases and would love to know who has worry-free clamshells wholesale!!

BTA, I don't think I've tried theirs. I used to get most of my supplies from there, but haven't used them since 2010 when they started never having my wax in stock. I loved having "the old Alabaster" as a supplier--would make a day trip to get wax and jars and thought they had customer service. But suddenly they started being unreliable for wax, so I quit ordering and haven't tried yet with the new owner. I only dabbled in wax melts until last year when their sales took off for me--had been making them for myself for years, but Alabaster didn't carry them when I first purchased and now I buy case quantities so it's much cheaper to order from the manufacturer.

What situation did you run into? I'm interested because I would like to start purchasing from them again if they're reliable now.