Can we make the scent stuff in aroma lamps?

http://www.mykirklands.com/email/product.php?id=62347&email=April-13,-2012-Email&title_hyphen=Textured-Glass-Fragrance-Lamp&cat=$13%20Specials%20-%20prices%20valid%20Friday%204/13%20thru%20Sunday%204/15

Like what you'd fill those with. I figure some supplier sells a base liquid for that and we'd add our FO of choice, but I don't know what it's called to search for it.

Ha! From reading that, it looks like I could use the 91% alcohol my local janitorial supply sells:

"- A 16 oz Bottle of Wick Cleaner/Fuel Base for each different fragrance scent you want to make. Our Wick Cleaner is 99.9% Alcohol, which means there is virtually no water in it. You can also use 90 or 91% Isopropyl (also known as Isopropanol) Alcohol in a 16 oz or pint bottle. You can purchase the 91% alcohol at the same drug store you would find Rubbing alcohol or 70% alcohol. We do not recommend using any other type of alcohol, or rubbing alcohol or any alcohol with a rating of less than 91% due to the high water content. "

It's probably cheaper to buy it from them, and then have it for cleaning too. Thanks for that link!

Edited by Darbla

Hi friends..I make my own fuel for my effusion lamp(aroma lamp) by mixing a 16 oz bottle of 91% Isopropyl Alcohol..can be found next to rubbing alcohol at the pharmacy..

1/2 ounce Fragrance oil and 1/2 ounce distilled water..mix ingredients and fill lamp half way only..let the cotton wick soak up the solution and ignite outside..allow flame to burn for 5 minutes then extingusih and enjoy...Do not substitute any other alcohol and make sure you ingnite the lamp in a safe area..handmade fuel costs 1/3 less than fuels found in the stores... use fragrance oils from reputable sources..I use fragrances that are used for candles and bath and body products.

Edited by BlancaD