need help with salt bar

ayshapooh

Hi

So I have been wanting to make a salt bar for my son since I've been reading that it may help with pimples and he's been getting them on his chest and back.

Now I seen that you want to add as much salt as oils and I want to make sure I am understanding this right

I seen someone mention using 75% Coconut and 25% Shea and I have both of those so I'm good to go with those supplies

I made my self a little mini log mold that holds 24 oz of oils and now my question is when I do the soap calc. do I figure out lye for just the oils I will be putting in there, so I would be 9 oz of Coconut and 3 oz of Shea and then 12 oz of Sea Salt. Sometimes I just over confuse myself so any help would be wonderful

Thank you

Sandy~WI

I just made a batch of salt bars, and used 70% of the oil weight I usually do, and it filled my molds perfectly. I would suggest 60-70% of your usual weight of oils, just have a couple of small plastic containers handy for any overflow.

Hi

So I have been wanting to make a salt bar for my son since I've been reading that it may help with pimples and he's been getting them on his chest and back.

Now I seen that you want to add as much salt as oils and I want to make sure I am understanding this right

I seen someone mention using 75% Coconut and 25% Shea and I have both of those so I'm good to go with those supplies

I made my self a little mini log mold that holds 24 oz of oils and now my question is when I do the soap calc. do I figure out lye for just the oils I will be putting in there, so I would be 9 oz of Coconut and 3 oz of Shea and then 12 oz of Sea Salt. Sometimes I just over confuse myself so any help would be wonderful

Thank you

Sandy~WI

Sandy this is the way I figure my salt bars for oils. If your mold holds you said 24 ounces of oils normally, take 24 multiplied by .8 or 19.2 ounces of oils. Go to Sooz calc and put 19.2 ounces in as your batch size. Figure any percentage of oils you want to use. Figure out your oils, needed lye and liquid of choice. As far as the salt goes, figure .75 of the 19.2 ounces of oils you used for this batch or use 14.4 ounces of salt. I add salt at light trace and hand whisk in until I pour. If you use these measurements, your mold should be completely full as normal. That is how it works every time for me in various size molds I have made salt bars in.

Paul...;)