How to dip & carve a candle video (not me)

I never heat my knife either but I really don't see how that would help much. I think that video was edited because at her speed and looking at the finished candle I'm thinking it was more like a full 8-10 minutes to carve it. She does do a nice job on them though.... anyone notice the last wax coat and then right in the glaze (no water dip) and she says the glaze penetrates thru the top layers of wax?? I think she has been sniffing too much glaze if you ask me. :naughty:

Ummm and isn't that a freaking monster size dip tank!!! That would cost several thousands dollars to have built now days.

Bruce

After watching this video and checking the times.......it took her approximately 4 minutes to carved the candle! I have never heated my knives but that may have helped her alot more too but even when she was making the upwards bottom cuts, the wax still seemed very pliable. She must have really heated up her core beforehand! My wax is set at 170 degrees and I too have to work fast to finish a candle quickly before it starts to harden too much. I would love to watch you carve a candle sometime! You do beautiful work!

Thanks for sharing!

Lynn

I too was shocked that she dipped in clear and then into the glaze right away!! The glaze also seemed a bit watered down to me but it could just be the video! I always let me candle completely cool before I glaze to make sure that the glaze adhears perfectly. To each their own but I do also agree that it is a beautiful candle! LOL

Thanks again for sharing!

I watched that video before and I always wondered how do you not get water drops in the wax vats that dries up into little bits and then get stuck on the candle on the next dip. I dipped candles just a couple times (just tapers) and I know that could happen - and it looked like she was flying back and forth between the water and the wax.