IGI 4630 Blend..

I'm having trouble understanding the "blends"..what is actually the blend? Its creamy like a soy, but is it actually a soy wax? I know this is probably stupid question, but i'm just getting into container waxes & before only used either palm or paraffin pillar waxes. Please help me understand this. :confused:

IGI 4630 is a one-pour paraffin-based container wax. These types are a mixture of petroleum-derived ingredients designed to produce a soft and sticky consistency that increases fragrance retention and container adhesion while reducing shrinkage.

Some blends contain vegetable-derived ingredients as well. Those ingredients can be derived from soybean oil and the waxes are often called parasoy blends.

You can also use straight paraffin or straight flaked soy shortening to make candles, but there are some performance limitations involved. Some waxes are mostly straight paraffin or straight shortening with a small amount of one or more additives to improve how they work. Examples would be IGI 4786 (paraffin) or Golden Brands 464 (soy).