Vanilla bergamot amber FO?

lightmyfire

I just had a new customer ask if I can duplicate a fragrance she loves that combines vanilla, bergamot and amber.  Whatever happened to people requesting a lavender candle??!!  

There aren't any FO's that I saw on Google that combine vanilla and bergamot; I was hoping to try adding an amber FO to that.  Any suggestions on where to start with this?  Which vanilla would work well here?  I'm sure it's not sweet.

She's looking to see if she has any of the lotion that carries this scent.  Another needle in a haystack but I'll try to find it!  I'll gladly take any and all input 

5 hours ago, Gsmakinsoap said:

WSP has a Bergamot Amber. It smells nice. You could try adding some vanilla to it. I might try it myself.

Thank you SO much!  I completely overlooked this one in my  exhaustive/exhausting  search.  I just ordered it-thanks again!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/14/2018 at 1:41 AM, Gsmakinsoap said:

WSP has a Bergamot Amber. It smells nice. You could try adding some vanilla to it. I might try it myself.

I did purchase this and mixed it with WSP Vanilla Bean Noel.  Normally I wouldn't mix such an expensive FO but when you have 2 WSP FO's together it's usually dynamite!  I did 80% VBN and 20% Bergamot Amber and it's very nice--my customer chose that % as she wanted something less spring and more fall.  This is really nice and VERY different from anything I've smelled; it's a slight citrus warm vanilla combo.

On 10/6/2018 at 2:55 PM, lightmyfire said:

I did purchase this and mixed it with WSP Vanilla Bean Noel.  Normally I wouldn't mix such an expensive FO but when you have 2 WSP FO's together it's usually dynamite!  I did 80% VBN and 20% Bergamot Amber and it's very nice--my customer chose that % as she wanted something less spring and more fall.  This is really nice and VERY different from anything I've smelled; it's a slight citrus warm vanilla combo.

That's great! So glad you were able to find something that works. So, I'm curious, is your blend similar to the scent your customer was searching for?

19 minutes ago, Gsmakinsoap said:

That's great! So glad you were able to find something that works. So, I'm curious, is your blend similar to the scent your customer was searching for?

So hard to answer that question.  The customer is a clothing boutique owned by a mother and her 2 daughters.  Apparently the 2 daughters smelled some lotion and perfume at the Dallas Market and loved it, hence the search for the dupe of this fragrance for candles.  When I brought in the FO's, the mom (who did not go to market and did not smell the lotion/perfume) took one whiff of the bergamot/amber FO and said it was far too citrusy for fall.  Omg.........what?!  So she decided to make it less citrusy by blending with the VBN I brought.  I mentioned that I spent a small fortune on these FO's so they will want to order candles in the spring using this fragrance.  (I did smile when I firmly mentioned this).  The things we do :faint:

• Like 1