Ky Para-Soy Tart & Votive Blend Question

nancythornton

Hi everyone

After using Ecosoya Q230 with no success I placed an order for this wax so I can make tarts, I was wondering if someone could help me with instructions on how to use this wax? the instructions on RE website says the following:

Directions: Heat to approx 150°-165°, add color and candle scent, stir constantly for two minutes, then pour into clamshells, foil cups or molds. Pour temperature should be around 150°-160°

but I read in a couple forums that some people heat their wax to 180 degrees and then add color and  fragrance at 175 and stir for a couple minutes.

Can someone please help me?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Nancy

Hi Nancy, I answered your question in the other post, guess I should have read this one first! Lol

When I used that wax, I did heat to 180, add FO around 170, and poured around 150. I really feel that in order to fully incorporate the fragrance, a higher temperature is required. At 150, the wax is cooling rapidly and starting to form larger wax droplets, which don't allow the fragrance to disperse uniformly in the wax.

I'm sure TT or one of the more experienced members will explain it more thoroughly, but bottom line is I think the higher temp works better. I will admit, however, that I don't have a lot of experience with that particular wax - I got a 20lb bag and used it up, then moved on, so maybe you'll get different answers from others.

Hope that helped somewhat!

Oh my gosh, I need to stop hitting send too soon! 🙄

I also wanted to add that some cure time helped immensely with the HT for me, so don't test them right away. Maybe give it a week or so, at least a couple days if you're really impatient. I just dug out some melts I made about 6 months ago with this wax, I wasn't impressed with them at the time, but the throw is crazy strong now!