Final Millennium Review

Well I have been using the Millennium Wax and have poured and tested many candles, with a few different wicks and a few different jars.

Overall this is turning out to be an excellent wax for me.  I melt to 160 (when not using any dye) and 170 (when using dye), add FO at 140 and pour at approximately 115 (give or take a few degrees).  Approximately 90% of the time it does not need a second pour and there is just very minor frosting.  I compared it to candles made with C3 and the Millennium candles are far above in the looks category.  It wasn't too difficult to figure out the proper wick sizes to use.  I ended up with a Premier 790 in my Interlude jars, an Eco 14 in my status jars and a slightly custom size wood wick in my frosted jars.  I have found both the cold and hot throw excellent with every scent I have tested.

Now for the only downside of this wax....it does have adhesion issues.  I try not to focus too much on wet spots even though they irritate the living crap out of me!  Luckily I don't have to worry about it at all with the frosted jars and if it is really irritating me or really bad I hit it with the heat gun to clear them up and I'm finding they aren't coming back yet.

So bottom line is if you are looking for a new wax and are willing to pay a bit more (a 50 lb box with shipping for me is approximately $105, C3 with shipping is $85) it is well worth it if you can contend with the wet spots.

Thanks for all the help!  I'm glad I made the leap and tried this wax.  After three tries I think I have found my go to.

7 hours ago, njcurley said:

Now for the only downside of this wax....it does have adhesion issues.  I try not to focus too much on wet spots even though they irritate the living crap out of me!  Luckily I don't have to worry about it at all with the frosted jars and if it is really irritating me or really bad I hit it with the heat gun to clear them up and I'm finding they aren't coming back yet.

It's interesting to read the reviews of the various waxes.  I would like to add a note here that when I was reading about this wax, I saw the following recommendation:  "Do not aggressively stir or whisk as this can cause aeration; which will cause extra shrink in your wax."  I'm wondering if this could perhaps be the cause for the adhesion issues, maybe you're just supposed to slowly move a spatula through this wax when adding scent. {?} Just a thought.  :)

• 3 months later...

I have been using c3 for years and still not totally happy with it finally have had time to start testing millennium in c3 I had to up fragrance to get ht and before burning had a beautiful candle perfect but with higher oil had soothing on jar and just not a pretty burn 

i poured two millennium to start one with 2 eco 2 wicks and one with 2 rrd 29 wicks in 13.5 oz Libby tumbler so far the 2 eco 2 with rustic essentials frosted sugar snow only cured 2 days is blowing me away at 7percent fo on 1 st burn good flame and melt pool at 3 hours we will see if it gets too hot on the next few burns 

the one with rrd wicks has a bit of mushroom and achieved full melt too quickly will probably be too hot

i have eco 1 wicks and have ordered cd4 wicks as I do love double wicked candles in this tumbler will test those in this wax and my c3

c3 I heat to180 add fragrance right Away and pour after stirring softly two minutes ok pour slowly I get a perfect glossy candle this was way smoother glossier and prettier unburned and I like that I can pour it hot 

With millennium  I followed instructions and melted to 160 fragrance at 140 stirred two minutes waited till almost slushy and poured slowly top is even no sink holes but not as pretty and glossy slightly mottled but not more than ones I have seen in high end boutique candles this wax is more labor intensive with all the waiting So I tried melting at 160 adding fragrance right away and pouring right awAy top was more mottled and had a slight wet spot that got better overnight used a different wick and fragrance so cannot say if it effected throw as both combos Are throwing well but following instructions made a prettier candle

I will be thoroughly testing against c3 for next couple months to see if throw is worth the switch and also it does not seem to need the curing that c3 needs 

i have two favorite boutique candles in this size jar that retail for 34 dollars that i that I have tried to make mine match up to and I think I have found the wax they are using but still looking for the right wicks 

One more thing ..... for years I have read people mixing fragrance at different temps some say has to be high to bind some say it burns off while cooling if mixed too high my theory after all this testing...

if if you have a wax that needs pored at high temp mix fragrance at 185 and citrus at 175 if you pour right awAy it does not burn off

if you have a wax that requires a low pour temp mix frAgrance at 140-160 so it does not burn off while cooling I can attest my fragrance blinded with the millennium instructions

will I switch I will know if it is worth more labor and higher price but if I achieve more throw with less oil and a cleaner burn the cost will be worth it

Edited by shicks

To left is 2 rrd 29 wicks millennium wax Libby 13.5 tumbler 1st burn 3 hours slight mushroom

right is 2 eco 2 wicks millennium wax 13.5 tumbler 1st burn 3 hours slight hang up of wax 

this is a 48 hour cure using rustic essentials fo both are throwing well 

IMG_2752.JPG

• Like 1