I've searched but haven't found Has anyone made a good pillar using Ecosoya PB?

I can't make a good pillar candle using Ecosoya PB.  I've tried and tried and experimented and experimented. They either crack after removed from mold or collaspe when burning.  I've had a few make it through without the cracks, only to collaspe into themselves.  Everything seems to be going well and then . . . blam, oops, oh my! 

I've followed the Ecosoya directions as well of others' I've researched on the www,  I've tried 30 different wicks with no scents added and only a Very Vanilla Scent from CS.  No colors or additives added.  I've tried heating to 195 and pouring at 10 degree increments.  No success. Has anyone made a sucessful burning pillar using this wax ONLY?  I've even added container wax ES CB 135, ES CB Advanced, CB Excel, and finally the Golden Brands 464.  I respectfully ask for ANY advice! Thanks in advance to anyone of assistance!

I don't deserve this award, but I have arthritis and I don't deserve that either. Jack Benny

I gave up on pillars with Ecosoya PB. I couldn't wick it to burn properly and frankly lost interest after all my attempts at trying. So with the leftover wax I made some votives and was pleasantly surprised how good the hot throw was.

From my experience with it I gave up on it. I only got my pillars to tunnel and that was very frustrating. Never bought the wax again. On the other hand, it has a great hot throw, if you can figure out how to wick it.

• Like 1

@The Write Stuff Thank you soooo much for responding!  I too have had lots of luck with the votives and different FO's and they do have a delious scent!  But, pillars? as you said I'm VERY I'm really frustrated!

Has anyone had sucess at making a pillar with the PB?  I'm beginning to doubt it but at the same time I REALLY want someone to prove me wrong!  :(

I love your tagline btw! :D

I don't deserve this award, but I have arthritis and I don't deserve that either. Jack Benny

• 4 weeks later...

I have used PB for a few years now, and have had NO ISSUES what so ever. I follow manufactures melting instructions, and use cd 16 or 18 depending on FO. I use color, and go at 1oz/lb for FO. Matter of fact, I have a couple of my first pillars that I made still, and they are still looking like they just came out of the mold. Never had cracking or collapsing or blowouts(even with an 8hr burn). I make 3"x4.5 and 3"x10. Burn times are aprox 60-80 hrs for the small and I quit counting the clock after 140 hrs on the 10".

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi Dave and Candybee!  I've been busy trying to make those pillars and . . .  I wish I had great news but I have good and bad. I did make two pillars with Vanilla FO, same sizes as yours Dave.  They turned out well except the tallest broke about and inch off at the bottom.  Otherwise they looked perfect.  They both burned well until about hour 20, then the taller one, collasped.  I think maybe my wicking was crooked.  I tried again, this time with Sweet Pea and OMGrief!  The shorter broke in half and the taller broke in 3 pieces.  Do either of you add some secret ingredient to your PB wax?  I got this at CS, my foUrth order from them.

I heat my wax using a huge double boiler and a digital thermoter. I'm not a microwaver. 

I REALLY appreciate your replies before and hope someone out there has a secret like adding Vybar or SOMETHING. Thanks beforehand to any ideas, suggestions, or things that have worked for everyone else!  I really think this wax is dry and brittle.  Does that even make sense?