Avocado Oil - refined vs. cosmetic grade...

guppygirl

OK, I'm seriously brain-fried & I should know this... can someone tell me the difference between refined & cosmetic grade avocado oils (aside from price obviously LOL!) I'm wanting to use this specifically in soap - is there a difference in cp?

TIA!

I'm not sure if there is an industry standard for the term "cosmetic" grade versus refined.

I would check with the supplier you are interested in purchasing from and see what they tell you just to make sure you are getting what you want if you are looking for 100% of a specific oil.

I know at one company that sells the cosmetic grade, the difference is the cosmetic grade is 60% of the named oil and 40% proprietary ingredients. The other 40% is not disclosed because it's a company secret type thing. It still has the exact same SAP and fatty acids as the 100% of the oil, so it should soap the same, but what that 40% is made of, who knows?

That's why I recommended calling and finding out exactly what you are getting so you know for sure.

I know at one company that sells the cosmetic grade, the difference is the cosmetic grade is 60% of the named oil and 40% proprietary ingredients. The other 40% is not disclosed because it's a company secret type thing. It still has the exact same SAP and fatty acids as the 100% of the oil, so it should soap the same, but what that 40% is made of, who knows?

That's why I recommended calling and finding out exactly what you are getting so you know for sure.

Thanks Rebecca - that's what I was looking for! Think I'll pay a little extra to get 100% AO.