Silicone mold question??

Has anyone ever poured Glass Glow palm wax into a silicone mold?? I know it's a container wax but I am thinking of trying it out in a new silicone mold I have and was wondering if it can be done or not. I don't want to ruin my mold.

Thanks!!

Kelly

It can be done. Once you use it for that purpose I wouldn't use it for anything other than glass glow though to prevent cross-contamination if you will. I noticed overnight that the silicone will continue to sweat out the wax after you pop out the product and leave a waxy residue. I don't know how else to describe it. I quit using it because I was worried I would unintentionally mix fragrances. HTH

Can't believe you really think that could happen. If you are so concerned then wash your mold with soap and hot water. Lately I have been throwing my molds in the washer with towels. they really come out clean after that. I have used silicone molds for 13 years now. All kinds of wax and I do get a white film, sometimes. But it will come off with a heat gun and a good wipe or washing. I usually prop in front of a fan to dry quicker. I have a t-lite mold and always pour container wax for them. Also most of my embeds are part container wax. So pour away.:smiley2:

Edited by Sharon in KY

Have you tried washing the silicone molds in the dishwasher?

Can't believe you really think that could happen. If you are so concerned then wash at your mold with soap and hot water. I have been throwing my molds in the washer with towels. they really come out clean after that. I have used silicone molds for 13 years now. All kinds of wax and I do get a white film, sometimes. But it will come off with a heat gun and a good wipe or washing. I usually prop in front of a fan to dry quicker. I have a t-lite mold and always pour container wax for them. Also most of my embeds are part container wax.

Have you tried washing the silicone molds in the dishwasher?

I'm way too chicken to put anything with wax residue in a washing machine.

ETA: DW....might do since it can be kept super hot from wash through dry.

Edited by jeanie353

Can't believe you really think that could happen. If you are so concerned then wash your mold with soap and hot water. Lately I have been throwing my molds in the washer with towels. they really come out clean after that. I have used silicone molds for 13 years now. All kinds of wax and I do get a white film, sometimes. But it will come off with a heat gun and a good wipe or washing. I usually prop in front of a fan to dry quicker. I have a t-lite mold and always pour container wax for them. Also most of my embeds are part container wax. So pour away.:smiley2:

yep, I personally didn't like silicone for palm wax. I never did try any other waxes, but it was too time consuming (for me) to deal with scraping out the residue left behind.. To each their own.

Edited by bells4shells

yep, I personally didn't like silicone for palm wax. I never did try any other waxes, but it was too time consuming (for me) to deal with scraping out the residue left behind.. To each their own.

I can see where it is a pain when it sticks to the mold. All I'm saying is palm wax or any other wax will not contaminate the mold.