Musk (Anamalic)

rctfavr3

As you may (or may not) know; I like blending fragrances. I'm currently on the hunt for a Musk fragrance oil that's anamalic in nature to use in a blend. It's a very masculine, very limited appeal fragrance note. I can't think of a supplier that carries a fragrance like this as most musks are dirty yet very "sweetly-pleasant". I'm looking for something that evokes the imagry of Buffalos, Montana, Native-Americans, etc. Something earthy yet very animal-like possibly even fecal. :undecided

I'm working on a Western-line of candles.

I know the scent; I just don't know where to get it. Anyone ever come across this?

Edited by rctfavr3

Guest OldGlory

I haven't run across a scent like that, however -

Oak moss is very earthy, maybe some tobacco (not a sweet one), and to me, vetiver (an EO used in a lot of perfumes) stinks to high heaven. Those FO bring to mind Montana, buffalos, etc. BCN has some FOs that are quite unusual. People say Patchouli stinks, it's very earthy. Sage too. As a top note you could go with a bit of rosemary or pine, just a touch of something sharp on top. Sounds like fun!

Someone out there has a Desert Sage, just can't remember who, but I've burned the incense.

Yeah those would work pretty good. Know a good non-sweet tobacco?

I might try blending that with a little vetiver and synthetic civet aka SOS's baby diaper.

Their vetiver is good and stinky too. I was thinking of adding those notes to a soft leather with a sweet amber base.

For the top notes; I'm think a blast of black pepper and maybe a little anise just to make it unique.

Edited by rctfavr3

Guest OldGlory

No I sure don't, but there is a candle maker - KHill (?) that makes a good tobacco candle and reed diffuser.

Leather is a great idea, and I think a bit of anise would be perfect in this sort of blend.

Note: check out CS Caribbean Teakwood FO. I have a sample of it - wouldn't have been able to identify the different notes, but it's earthy and woody.

Edited by OldGlory
added a note

No I sure don't, but there is a candle maker - KHill (?) that makes a good tobacco candle and reed diffuser.

Leather is a great idea, and I think a bit of anise would be perfect in this sort of blend.

Note: check out CS Caribbean Teakwood FO. I have a sample of it - wouldn't have been able to identify the different notes, but it's earthy and woody.

Thanks for the suggestions!