Lp416

Barb

Well, I just poured some clam shells using this blend, what a mess. I heat the wax to 140 and as soon as I put it in the pyrex it started to become thick and gooey it looks more like pancake batter. I poured at about 100. Any advice, I only brought a five pound sampler.:sad2:

They look great, one is a little rough on top, a second has a little air hole, both fixable I think using a little left over wax. I am thinking of using a weighted amount of the left over wax instead of breaking up a clamshell for testing, have you ever done that? Thanks so very much for your help I really appreciate it.

I'm so happy you are pleased with your result. As a rule, I don't worry overmuch about the small random air holes or gentle roughness. It all adds to the "signature" of it being handmade, or at least my customers think it, so I don't fight it. The real test is in the scent throw after you toss them in a burner/melter. For testing, I usually have portion cups that I pour the extra/leftover wax into and use as my tester, so you're on the same page as I am with "why break apart a nice clamshell for testing?"

I started testing about 9Am this morning, with a half an ounce. I probably should have waited longer but I'm in a time crunch. In a tealight warmer after 3 hours a had a faint scent throughout the house. I had to run out and decide I'd pick up a electric warmer to continue my test. I restarted my test in the 25 watt electric warmer almost two hours ago and it's throwing even better. So, I'm at about 5 hours and going strong. I'll let you know how long the melt lasts.