Labelling

Hi everyone,

When comes to label to you put the size of the container on the label? or do you put the amount of wax it holds?

Also does anybody have an insurance company that insures home base candle makers? I live in an apartment do that affect if I get insurance? I want to sell on a small sale just extra cash to pay for supplies.

Thanks.

Hi everyone,

When comes to label to you put the size of the container on the label? or do you put the amount of wax it holds?

Also does anybody have an insurance company that insures home base candle makers? I live in an apartment do that affect if I get insurance? I want to sell on a small sale just extra cash to pay for supplies.

Thanks.

You would put the amount of wax inside your container on the label. You might want to talk to the apartment manager to see if they will allow candle making. Above that, yes you would still need to purchase insurance for your candle business.

HTH and Have Fun

Jeanie's absolutely right. Before you do ANYTHING , talk to your landlord ( or if you own, the co-op) in your building, and make sure you can even do this at your place.

You really don't want to buy supplies ( they aren't cheap ) and then go through the hassle of finding insurance and paying for it ( it's usually not cheap either ) only to find out you can't even use the stuff there.

Then you are left with either renting somewhere else to make your things ( that gets REAL expensive sometimes ) or selling your stuff off cheaply, or... well, sitting on them .

After you clear it with your landlord call your renters insurance carrier. You would be surprised that you need to let them know you're making candles. If you have a fire or a another tenant does and it reaches you're candlemaking stuff- you're not covered. You need a rider on your policy and the max you can get is only $5,000. Candlemaking insurance if you can get it in your state covers your legal fees and or damages of a sold product to a consumer, not your business material loss.

Edited by funkymonkey66

Wow!!!!!! there is so much more to making and selling candles. Thanks for the info. We are buying a house sometime next year, will wait to start my business then, until that time i'll just keeping making them as a hobby and give out as gifts.