ISO Best Oatmeal Cookie WITHOUT Raisin

denetteb

Any good Oatmeal Cookie FOs without a raisin note? I am looking for something that smells like what Mother's Iced Oatmeal Cookies smell like (not sure if this is even possible, but I thought I would ask)! I have found that ScentSationals Oatmeal Cookie clam shell tarts (sold at Walmart) is extremely close. It is very good, but I really would like to make my own. Any recommendations?

I' currently using OF.net's Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies.. Smells soooo good.. Sadly. I have a little less than a pound left...

I heard Hansel & Gretels House is basically the same scent... I ordered it from ICS to see.

just scent Oatmeal cookie with icing. It smells just like walmart scensational oatmeal cookie. That is actually the scent I was trying to match when I was on the hunt for an oatmeal cookie.

YAY!! :yay: I am so happy to hear that they smell the exact same! (this makes me so very happy) The ScentSationals melts were the exact reason I have been looking for a FO because it smells so good and reminds me soooo much of those little iced oatmeal cookies! I probably would be good to keep buying those tarts forever (they are so cheap) but I also want the option to make candles and soap that smell so very delicious!! Thanks so much for the rec! ;)

I' currently using OF.net's Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies.. Smells soooo good.. Sadly. I have a little less than a pound left...

I heard Hansel & Gretels House is basically the same scent... I ordered it from ICS to see.

When you get it, please let us know if it is the same. I never seem to have enough cookie scents!

debetteb,

If you would like me to mail you a sniffie of the JS oatmeal, just PM your address. I am going to the post office on Monday so I can stick it in the mail if you would like.

Oh my goodness you are so sweet! Thank you! I did try to PM you, but for some reason I can not. I wonder if I need to be a member for a certain period of time before I cam PM? Thanks so much for the offer though! Because of your post, I actually started to plot my next JS order. :) I've got a 1 oz sample of their Oatmeal Cookie in my cart along with a few others I have wanted to try for a while now! Yay!

Oh my goodness you are so sweet! Thank you! I did try to PM you, but for some reason I can not. I wonder if I need to be a member for a certain period of time before I cam PM? Thanks so much for the offer though! Because of your post, I actually started to plot my next JS order. :) I've got a 1 oz sample of their Oatmeal Cookie in my cart along with a few others I have wanted to try for a while now! Yay!

Don't forget Chestnuts and Brown Sugar. Haven't tried the plain Oatmeal Cookie but will with next order.

I just wanted to mention that I took one of my oatmeal tarts (JS Oatmeal Cookie with Icing) to Walmart with me yesterday and compared it to the Scentsationals oatmeal cookie and they are a match.

Phew, I feel better now, LOL. I started to second guess myself and wanted to double check.

I just wanted to mention that I took one of my oatmeal tarts (JS Oatmeal Cookie with Icing) to Walmart with me yesterday and compared it to the Scentsationals oatmeal cookie and they are a match.

Phew, I feel better now, LOL. I started to second guess myself and wanted to double check.

LOL, you are so sweet! You didn't have to do that, and I hope I was not putting too much pressure on you with it needing to be an exact match. I would be happy with anything close to just get my testing train started!

I actually placed my order for a sample and ended picking up a couple of other samples as well. I got:

Aspen Winter

Caramel Apple Cheesecake

Chestnuts and Brown Sugar

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hot Chocolate Peppermint

Oatmeal Cookie with Icing

Peppermint Bark

Pumpkin Cookie Crunch

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Roll

Pumpkin Marshmallow

I started making my own tarts this past spring/summer, so I don't have very many fall/winter/holiday scents to choose from (I do have some that I use for soaping, but not a ton) and I can not wait to get these in some wax and test them out! I have to admit, this is my second order from JS, and my first order did not have a ton of "wins" for me. Even though that was the case, I have more hope in this order!

It was no trouble at all. I would just feel bad if I said it was a match and you went and placed an order then turned out it wasnt even close - eek. I really think you will like it. I dont use very many FO's from JS, but I have tried the Aspen Winter, Chestnuts & Brown Sugar, and the Pumpkin Cookie Crunch. They are all really good. I also like their Vanilla Bean Noel type and the Cranberry Orange (not sure of their exact name).

Please let me know what you think once you smell it. I know all of our sniffers are different buto I am really hoping it is a match in your opinion as well.

Oh you are so sweet! I really think I will like it as well! Even if my sniffer doesn't think it is the same, I am just happy to find an Oatmeal Cookie FO that does not have a raisin note to it! Yipee!

I am glad to hear you have enjoyed some of the FOs that I purchased! Speaking of which, I think I may have added the pumpkin cookie crunch based on one of your posts on the fragrance board. I am actually quite excited about that one and the peppermint bark. Salt City Candles has a peppermint bark that I just love, so I hope it close. I will be sure to share my thoughts when they get here. Thanks again for your help!

Ok...I finally had a chance to bust out the new samples that I ordered and sniff them, and all I can say WOW! Based on OOB sniffs, I have no disappointments, which is a HUGE relief since that last time I ordered form JS I had very few "winners." They all smell fantastic... especially the Oatmeal Cookie w/Icing! Here is my brief OOB review of each of the scents:

Aspen Winter - as a previous posted mentioned, it smells exactly like Slatkin Winter!

Caramel Apple Cheesecake - smells just like all the componants, apples, caramel, cheesecake. I also get a hint of a graham cracker crust. I can't wait to get this one into wax!

Chestnuts and Brown Sugar - I get a sweet nutty scent with hints of caramel. Since this is a best seller for them, I am curious to see how it blooms in wax.

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies - definitely more chocolate than cookie, but I do still get a cookie note. Yum!

Hot Chocolate Peppermint - lots of hot cocoa with a hint of peppermint. This one seems the weakest OOB, but it is advertised as being super strong. Hopefully it blooms in wax.

Oatmeal Cookie with Icing Yum, yum and more yum! Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks megandgarr for your recommendation! Toasted oats with cinnamon and spices and hits of frosted goodness!

Peppermint Bark - my absolute favorite from the whole bunch! Perfect blend of dark chocolate and icy peppermint! It smells better than the Salt City Candle I was trying to dupe! It is not so much a peppermint patty as I picture that would be more peppermint with a hint of chocolate, whereas this one is and even blend of the two! I will be burning this all season long! I hope it does as good in wax as it smells in the bottle!

Pumpkin Cookie Crunch - smells just like a sweet, soft, fluffy pumpkin cookie! I get both a pumpkin spice note and a sweet cookie note! My third favorite from the whole bunch!

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Roll - Smells more like pumpkin cheesecake smells like to me. I don't get a log of cake notes with it, but that may change once in wax! I LOVE pumpkin cheesecake, so this one did not disappoint!

Pumpkin Marshmallow - just as the name says, pumpkin spice mixed with marshmallows. Very delicious!

Overall, I am so very pleased that I gave JS another chance! I love all of these oils and if they pass my wax melt test, I will head back and purchase the biggest size!

Speaking of making wax melts, I have run out of the pipettes (plastic droppers) I use to measure out my fo's for soap bar and small wax melt tests. :cry2: Does anyone use a different method to measure out small amounts of FO for tests that does not require a pipette? If so, I would love to know! I feel that I may explode if I don't get these oils into some wax!

Yeah, I am so glad you liked the Oatmeal Cookie with Icing from JS and the Aspen Winter. I always thought the oatmeal is a dead on dupe for the Scentsationals oatmeal cookie and the Aspen Winter a dupe of BBW Winter, so I am glad someone else thinks the same thing. Sometimes I question my nose.

Sounds like you got some other winners as well. Now I just might have to add more FO's when it is time to order more of the Oatmeal cookie.