Non smooth color?

Hello, back for some more advice lol

I am trying out Golden Brands 464 and made a few 4oz tins and tealights with it last night. I used half a lb of wax, .75 oz of fragrance & 2 dye chips.

I followed the directions- heating to 185, adding fragrance & stirring alot. Then I let it cooldown to 120 and stirred it some more then poured.

I used this color and scent before in tarts and votives with zero issue. But with different wax. Ecosoya PB

After they cooled the color isn't smooth. There looks to be white flecks through it.

I took this on my phone so it is not a great pic lol it doesn't look quite that bad but you can see how it is not a smooth lovely color.

post-13876-139458500961_thumb.jpg

Any advice or help?

Hey Moonkissed!

What color were you trying to achieve? It simply appears from the picture that you didn't add enough dye chips, however by adding two that should have sufficed especially only using 1/2 pound of wax. Typically, it's one pound of wax per dye chip but sometimes depending on the color you're trying to achieve using soy wax you will need to use 2 or more dye chips. At what temperature did you add your dye chips?

-Jameel-