Customer WANTS double wicked 16 oz wm mason

I have a customer who said she purchased a 16 wide mouth mason jar candle that was double wicked and she wants me to make her one double wicked. I have only made those with one zinc wick. If you were to double wick a 16 oz wide mouth mason with zinc wicks, where would you start? I know I am going to have to use 2 smaller zinc wicks.

Hey Leisa,

Hmmm....I use only one zinc wick too for that jar. I think I would really try to talk them out of it because it really is designed for 1 wick (maybe the person who made it did their own thing), BUT if I were even going to think about doing a dble wick I would use the 44's. Curious to see other people's opinion on this too!:smiley2:

Hey Leisa,

Hmmm....I use only one zinc wick too for that jar. I think I would really try to talk them out of it because it really is designed for 1 wick (maybe the person who made it did their own thing), BUT if I were even going to think about doing a dble wick I would use the 44's. Curious to see other people's opinion on this too!:smiley2:

I agree with you, but she said she's tried them singled wicked and double wicked and she said she thinks she gets a stronger throw from double wicks. Which doesnt really make sense to me if you have the same depth of melt pool as a single wick. Its another online vendor who sells them double wicked and claims they throw better then a single wick.

Tell her that you don't know where the other supplier gets her scents, but that YOUR scents come from Top of the Line Suppliers and with YOUR awesome candles she will only need 1 wick and her candle will last twice as long!:grin2:

Give her one candle with one of your wicks and have her burn it to show her it will work. I had a customer like that and after giving one for her to try she did agree with me and now she orders all the time from me.