The Candle Source...

leisa2003

Has any of you noticed any recent issues with hot throw using The Candle Source fragrances? I have always loved their fragrances and have purchased from them for many years (you can even read that in past posts),..so I am not "bashing" any company here, I am just curious because I have had complaints from some of my "testers' that they are not getting any HT on some of the tarts that were made with The Candle Source FO's? Incase anyone wants to know, I noticed it since I recently started using Palm Pillar wax, I used to use a parasoy blend wax,...do you think it could be that their fragrances dont throw well in Palm Wax???:undecided

Hugs, Leisa

leisa....I'm testing a couple of them the last couple days with tarts. I haven't put a wick to any yet so don't know how the HT will be there but so far:

BAK....excellent HT. My nose is finding this very similar to AH/RE HAP w/a hint more spice and a bit sharper (if that makes sense)

Spiced Apples & Peaches....not so sure about this one. I did have decent to good HT in the tart but I'm not sure if it was strong enough to come through when put to a wick. For tarts, I guess I'd use it unless I could get a stronger one. My nose isn't getting a whole lot of peach. Its there but I kinda have to smell for it. I don't know if that's how TN is since I've never tried it yet to compare.

This is with all paraffin and a blend of pillar and container @ 50% each.

Edited by jeanie353

Really! I bet you will get a great HT with just the parrafin. I'm kinda thinking their FO's "struggle" in Palm wax. I've used their FO's in 415, 444, 416, 464 and a parasoy blend and they have all done well,..just not good at all in this Palm wax,..I like the characteristics otherwise of the Palm and thats why I wanted to give it a try. The Candle Source is so close to me (locally) that I would certainly to switch wax before not using their fragrances.

Really! I bet you will get a great HT with just the parrafin. I'm kinda thinking their FO's "struggle" in Palm wax. I've used their FO's in 415, 444, 416, 464 and a parasoy blend and they have all done well,..just not good at all in this Palm wax,..I like the characteristics otherwise of the Palm and thats why I wanted to give it a try. The Candle Source is so close to me (locally) that I would certainly to switch wax before not using their fragrances.

I'm trying them out for the first time. Bought a bunch of samples back in late winter or so. Their prices are great so I'm hoping to get good results with the other testers yet to be melted.

I've used palm for tarts, pillars and containers and was very pleased with the HT but not quite as good as paraffin or parasoy. Maybe The Candle Source FOs don't like palm? Or someone might chime in who uses them with palm and give you an idea which ones throw and which don't.

GL

Oh, did I mention how lucky you are to be have a supplier local? :)

Edited by jeanie353

Oh, did I mention how lucky you are to be have a supplier local? :)

LOL,..I think so too! I am close to The CandleSource and The Candlemaker Store,..so I can pick-up fragrances from both places and pick-up my wax from The Candlemaker Store. I've come to personally know the workers at both places and it is very nice to see faces and talk to your suppliers. :)

LOL,..I think so too! I am close to The CandleSource and The Candlemaker Store,..so I can pick-up fragrances from both places and pick-up my wax from The Candlemaker Store. I've come to personally know the workers at both places and it is very nice to see faces and talk to your suppliers. :)

Color me jealous, lol.

Awww,...Thanks ladies. :) You both could move closer to me here in Ohio. Just think we could get together and open-up a awesome store here,...here we have nothing, we only have a Bath & Body Works and thats few and far between,..only competition their is here in my area. Most people buy Scentsational's Clamshell Melts from WalMart around here, until they find me. LOL :grin2:

ETS: Although I do know of one other candlemaker in my area and she is also a member on this board (she's a sweetie).

Edited by leisa2003
added

Could it be your testers air conditioner or central air. I hate testing in the warm weather because of the the air being on.

I agree! I don't like testing anything in the summer because my ac sucks out all the scent from the room.