Selling at Flea Market

leisa2003

I know their are other threads about Flea Market selling, but I have been "begged" by some local customers to sell at a locoal Flea Market that is year around and open every day of the week. My local customers keep telling me they wish I would because then they could get their products right then and there and see everything except on website. So I checked into it and the cost is $90 a month for booth space and I thought that was a really good price considering I have no utility expenses.I just dont want to deal with people looking for dirt cheap products and have a attitude because my products aren't dirt cheap. I would be basically doing this for the local customers I already have and to also maybe gain more customers that are not aware of us. What are your thoughts & opinions?

Edited by leisa2003
added

Give it a shot for a month. Is there any way that you can jack up your prices for the hagglers? LOL! Then give them a deal that will still give you a good profit and make them happy as clams.

I sold at flea markets all the time until 15 years ago. Now I have two ladies doing it for me. They love it and never have any issues. They could not care less about the people looking for dirt cheap products and both deal with the bargain hunter well. If you are there on a steady basis, the regular customers who are looking for dirt cheap prices will eventually just pass by your spot and leave you alone. Some may actually stop, look quietly and actually buy. Many people are looking for bargains. However, there are plenty of customers who are still looking to find nice things at a reasonable price. I think that all you stand to possibly lose is your patience.

Edited by Noodle

I think that all you stand to possibly lose is your patience.

LOL,..I think so too. ;)

I'm trying to think what to do with all the products when I am not there. I guess pack them up everyday,..I cant do all day long, seven days a week.

I'm trying to think what to do with all the products when I am not there. I guess pack them up everyday,..I cant do all day long, seven days a week.

Perhaps you can start out small. Maybe not put everything out, but keep it on hand in bins in your regular customers come by. You might want to consider doing weekends only or three days that you choose. I think $90 a month is VERY cheap- even for just weekends.

Perhaps you can start out small. Maybe not put everything out, but keep it on hand in bins in your regular customers come by. You might want to consider doing weekends only or three days that you choose. I think $90 a month is VERY cheap- even for just weekends.

Thats a great idea! Yes, I thought that was very cheap as well. They do have alot of vendors in there but none of them sell candles.

They do have alot of vendors in there but none of them sell candles.

Then candles are what you need to put out!

The two ladies that sell for me are older senior citizens. They do a great job and I pay them. But how can I expect them to set up EVERYTHING and break down every time? They rotate stock and keep stuff in bins for anyone who is asking for something in particular. I have noticed that if you have the same table day after day, some people just blow on by because they think that everything is predictable. It IS tempting to put everything out. You never know what people want. We have an eye catching sign with available scents. I also have noticed that slow moving stuff, sells better without a lot of my own competition.