Overwelmed newbie

Buttsmom

I bought a small package of M&P at my local craft store and now I want more:smiley2: I have been reading so much about making it that is all my mind is filled with, I'm even dreaming about it. What advice would you give a new person?

I have been looking at all kinds of bases and can't pick. I would like to work with Goats milk, but do I want a liquid based one or powdered base? I live in Ohio, so do I want a low sweat base? Would I be better off buying a shea base or plain base and adding my own goats milk to make my base more versatile? If so liquid or powder?

Recipes? Do you just come up with your own, get them online, etc? What would be some simple ones to try?

Thank you for any and all advice, ,tips or tricks you can offer me. I'm really hoping to get an order placed this weekend, I'm anxious to try making more.

Here is the best thread I know of for you to read. Lots of good recipes.

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?90126-M-amp-P-Recipes

You'll have to decide what base you want to start with. I use SFIC base from Peak and use some of the recipes in this thread. I do use the low sweat ( I'm in Kansas where the heat index is about 110 every day this week ) and add Goats milk and/or shea depending on the recipe - I like being able to have one base and then mix it up as to whatever strikes my fancy!

Welcome to the addiction!

Here is the best thread I know of for you to read. Lots of good recipes.

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?90126-M-amp-P-Recipes

You'll have to decide what base you want to start with. I use SFIC base from Peak and use some of the recipes in this thread. I do use the low sweat ( I'm in Kansas where the heat index is about 110 every day this week ) and add Goats milk and/or shea depending on the recipe - I like being able to have one base and then mix it up as to whatever strikes my fancy!

Welcome to the addiction!

The thread is wonderful. It is where I started with my first recipe and went on to make all kinds of them. You may find you feel confident to venture off and make up something of your own as ksranch mentioned. If you want to check out YouTube there are tons of videos showing different ways to make really cool decorated M&P soaps.

I found it a lot of fun ~ Hope you do too!

I would suggest going to Nature's Garden to start. They are located in Ohio, so shipping shouldn't be so bad for you. You can find them here - http://www.naturesgardencandles.com/

They have a wide variety of soap bases. I use their Natural Goat's Milk soap. They also sell different kinds of butters, oils, herbs, powders, and dyes. It's my 1 stop shop for soap supplies. And many of their fragrance oils can be used for bath & body products.