Ziploc bags - What kind of plastic is it?

zeoplum

While, I am testing, I am storing my tarts in Ziploc bags but I have no idea if they are polypro or not. I can't find anything on the box or their website can't find the Recycle # 5 anywhere. And I've searched through the forum and didn't see anything.

Anybody know? Do you think the scent will be ok?

Thanks!

zeo

Edited by zeoplum

I'm pretty sure they are made with a polyethylene and will eventually seep the fragrance out of your tarts. You might want to find a supplier that has the polypro variety. I use clamshells or portion cups, so don't remember off hand who might carry these types of bags.

The individual tarts I'm making (from a silicone tray) are just my temporary plan and my long-term plan is clamsells and portion cups. Well, after looking at the prices for polypro zip bags (yikes!), I realized it would be more cost-effective to scrap the temporary plan and just order the portion cups since those will work just as well.

I just don't know what size yet. I'm going to try 2 oz cups and 1.5 oz cups so see which size works best for me and my friends/testers.

Thank you everyone for your help!

To store my tarts, I use the Ziploc Freezer Heavy-Duty bags. To package them to sell, I use clear zip bags from clearbags.com I get the bags with the holes in the top because I tend to hang the bags on a spinner type rack at shows.

If you're going with the cups, I get my cups with lids from Rustic Escentuals - http://rusticescentuals.com/2-oz-Mixing-Cups-w-Lids.html

Edited by PAgirl89

Thanks PAgirl89. I actually really like the size and shape of the 1.5 oz shallow cups....at least from looking at the pictures. I can't wait to see them in person. A Scentsy cube weights about .35 oz and most people use 2 cubes at a time which is approx .7 oz. And from what I've read online, a Yankee Tart is .8 oz so I would think a 1 oz. tart should be more than enough. And if I'm not mistaken, a 1.5 oz cup holds about 1.2 oz of wax. I'll be sure to take some pictures and share so others can see how they look compared to the 2 oz. cups. I'll also put something common like a dollar bill next to it so viewers can visualize the size.