will it hold additives

tamese

Hasanyone had experience with adding additives with BB bases. I just tried and added shea butter, cocoa butter,oo, cocount oil, glycerin, and scent. All at 1/2 tsp per 8oz of base, and scent was 3ml. I'm not use if I really lost lather or not. It seems like it still had lather it just took longer to get the lather. So does that mean I lost lather? If you've used their bases how much were u able to add? I know I will have to experiment with what works for me but thought I would ask to keep from wasting supplies. It did make my bar harder which I wanted also. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hasanyone had experience with adding additives with BB bases. I just tried and added shea butter, cocoa butter,oo, cocount oil, glycerin, and scent. All at 1/2 tsp per 8oz of base, and scent was 3ml. I'm not use if I really lost lather or not. It seems like it still had lather it just took longer to get the lather. So does that mean I lost lather? If you've used their bases how much were u able to add? I know I will have to experiment with what works for me but thought I would ask to keep from wasting supplies. It did make my bar harder which I wanted also. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have used their SLS free base the on my first M&P soaps. I did lose lather but the addition of 1 T caster per 2# of base helped. Also, adding 2-4T of liquid soap per 2# of base helps. It isn't unusual for some of my M&P bars to take a couple uses to seem to get going. Once they do, then they do well.

HTH and have fun :)