Wholesale Melters

tbowers8403

I was looking at Vistawholesale.com and love their drop shipping idea. Perfect for me starting out next year. My question: how much do you sell them for to make a profit? 50% markup?

Example one is $8.00 for a melter that melts tarts or wickless candles. Do I charge $16?

Anyone have experience with this?

That is about right. You factor in any taxes you paid and any freight you paid into it. Sometimes you also look at an item and think if it is worth the amount you are charging. If you wouldn't pay that much for it, why would anyone else? hth:)

There have always been guidelines as to how much to charge, but those guidelines are pretty much out the window with today's economy. If you don't already have a customer base, you may need to start with a smaller profit.

By all means, consider every cent you spent as part of your cost. Then start charging according to what you think your market will bear. You can change prices as you develop a customer base. You can also give volume discounts; i.e., 1 for $20, 3 for $50.

You might check out obiwholesale.com also. I think that's where vista gets alot of their warmers from or they get them from the same place as obi. Obi is a little bit cheaper on their prices though and also dropship. You have to sign up with them (you have to have a tax ID number) and if I remember correctly it's either $100 or $150 minimum order. You can get them by the case which makes them a little cheaper as well as opposed to getting 1 or 2 in a particular style. Something to look into when you get your business up and running for selling. And to answer your question it's pretty much what Sliver said. Sometimes you can't get double your cost, but, you do need to consider what you spent shipping and all.