ISO Weighted blankets

se2653

I am interested in making a weighter blanket for my son (he has ADHD). The ones I saw on-line are very expensive. Has anyone made these and maybe has a pattern and directions they would be willing to share? TIA!!

I had never heard of this. I found this on a search. It seems like there would be lots of pockets on the inside of 2 layers of fabric, and the pockets filled with small amounts of beanie beans.

More info at link:

http://www.beanblanket.com/FAQs_weighted_blanket.html

Do you use beans in your blanket?

No. We use plastic poly pellets. Similar to what is used in a Beanie Baby. These plastic poly

pellets are hypo-allergenic and are high-heat tolerant, which means they can be dried in the

dryer as high as you'd like. Although, we recommend drying on low to medium heat, which

helps preserve the fabric texture.

How are the blankets made?

The fleece Magic Blanket is made with two panels of fleece -- a front and back panel creating

a small square pocket. Each pocket is filled with a small amount of poly pellets and then

sewn closed with heavy duty thread.

For our cotton, flannel, minky and chenille blankets, the first thing we do is create an inner

liner made from cotton and constructed with two panels the same way as our fleece blanket.

We then cover the inner liner with an outer liner, which is made from either cotton, cotton

flannel or super-ultra-soft minky or chenille fabric. Unlike with our fleece blankets, there

are no visible seams.