Candle holder show & tell

snowman

This is another of my ideas or developments. I struggle with calling them inventions. This is a line of candle holders that I have designed, which holds the candle by a magnet rather than a stick pin. These are very strong magnets and locks the candle on to the holder very tight. You can hold the holder and candle at a 90 degree angle or upside down and it won't release. Determined by the size and weight of the candle. My roses display on these perfectly. Opinions and concerns will be most appreciated.

post-13400-139458494135_thumb.jpg

I wondering about something... If you pour a pillar with a wick pin and insert the wick (with wick tab) later, then when you set this candle on your holder and tip it upside down... won't the candle slide off the wick? I've poured pillars without wick-pins, but then you don't get the wick tab which you obviously need for the magnet.

So it seems these will only work after the candle has been burned to seal or fixate the inserted wick to the candle. Or am I totally off course here?

I like the idea especially for your roses or another type candle similar. A thought for pillars would be to order the wicks pretabbed in lengths long enough. Understand the cost factor is quite higher than using untabbed wicking but it does give these holders a lot of options that way.

Turning the candle upside down was for illustration purposes only to show how difficult it would be to knock the candle off the holder. I would hope someone wouldn't turn a burning candle upside down, but people will be people. If it can be done, they will try it. When I make a pillar, I seat the wick tab in the base with hot tool that I have made. I also melt a little wax around the wick at the top. I go overboard on appearance, which is not good for production. As I pointed out in another post, my spouse is going to have to wait on the Lottery for her new Ford Explorer. Don't think I'm going to accumulate sufficient excess funds in the candle business.