Triple Wicked Pillar

I have a new 5x5.5" triple wicked pillar mold I am going to try today and was hoping to get some suggestions on wicking it. I have never done a pillar this big before so I'm a little nervous about screwing it up and wasting all that wax.

Forgot to mention that I'm using 4625 for this one with 6% frag. load. TIA:smiley2:

Well that was fast ksranch....thank you :) I'm never quite sure when doing multiple wicks how to determine a starting point. I tried takjng the diameter of the mold and dividing it by 3 to give me an idea of the area each wick would need to cover but that didn't look right because if I went by that I would need to start around the size needed for a votive LOL.

Interesting project. Are you going for a shell or total consumption? My largest so far is a 4" but I single wicked that. Please post some pictures when it's done and when it's burning.

Will do! I just got this mold from bcn because they are 20% right now so thought it might be fun. I am hoping to get it wicked to burn down like my regular single wicked parrafin pillars. So far I am having great results wicking this wax with lxs. I am very happy with the hot and cold throw and I love the pliability of it...it burns down so nice with minimal to no hugging required.

I have used that wax in the past and it is very nice too. I think the ht/ct is a little better with the 4625 but the 1274 allows you to create so many different looks that you can't get with the other. So many waxes, so little time :)

If you want to improve your ht/ct in 1274 try Polyboost 150 - it will allow you to use more FO without it sweating ((TY PAM!))

If you want to improve your ht/ct in 1274 try Polyboost 150 - it will allow you to use more FO without it sweating ((TY PAM!))

Anyone have pictures of double or triple wicked pillars, this is starting to interest me.

But now that I think of it, I'm not sure how to wick such a beast. Guess I would need a different mold.

Edited by rjdaines

Anyone have pictures of double or triple wicked pillars, this is starting to interest me.

But now that I think of it, I'm not sure how to wick such a beast. Guess I would need a different mold.

The only one I have ever seen/had was from partylite (I think) years ago and it was so neat. That's why when I saw the molds on sale I couldn't resist. But now to make a decision as far as wicks...I'm leaning towards lxs just because I have experience with them in this wax but still unsure what size to start with. Didn't have time today but hoping to get to it tomorrow.

4625 is the first pillar wax that I started out with and I have made a candle using the same type mold. I made the 6x6 3 wick candles. I used 6-1/2 - 7 lbs of wax to fill up that mold and do my second pour. I used the 30 ply wicking for it. They make quite an impression. We want to see a pic when you are done! :)

Edited by puma52

I would suggest using wick pins fed from the bottom of the mold. That way there is a conduit in the candle for you to try several wick combinations. If your first try is not right, cut the candle with a saw (below the burn), replace with smaller or larger wicks, and try again. Cut again if necessary. This prevents wasting the wax when a permanent wick is used.