Does anyone use CD'd in straight 4630?

Do you get much soot from them? I am testing with a 7% fo load in a 2 1/2" diam container with a cd4 and 5. Doing pretty well but seems to soot a bit but minimal mushrooming. Have you tried many other wicks in 4630? Can I ask what you liked about the CD that made you pick that one? Sorry for all the ???'s but I seem to have tried soooo many wicks and settled on the zinc but now I'm not so sure and would like to hear more about CD in this wax because so many others use them only in soy or parasoy. Thanks again :)

I've been able to wick this wax with LX, HTP, CD and in some cases ECOs. The HTP and CD give me beter HT. Yes, sooting can be and issue, especially with the larger wicks. The sooting is aggravate by how much the CD dance in pure 4630, it's almost funny to watch them. Going with the smallest wick seems to helps, I don't get a full melt pool until half way down and when the temp goes up the HT is amazing. I think 4630 behaves like a soy wax, so CDs seemed worth a try. I do think the wax need taming a bit so I too am playing with parasoy blends with it but still using CD wicks.

Well I'm just a newbie but I love 4630. I picked out HTP's first to go with this wax (based on reading this board) and have recently started using CD's to fit in where I can't seem to get the HTP's to go - but now I think I'm going to be testing CD's a lot more. A very nice wick with 4630. I have never used zincs.

Well I'm just a newbie but I love 4630. I picked out HTP's first to go with this wax (based on reading this board) and have recently started using CD's to fit in where I can't seem to get the HTP's to go - but now I think I'm going to be testing CD's a lot more. A very nice wick with 4630. I have never used zincs.

Sounds like you are right on target based on my experience. I just want to tone the burn of the 4630 some, hence the soy additions.

I'm testing CD10, CD12, and Premier Wick WI 767 (from candlemaking.com) with 4630, no coloring, 1oz per lb of FO in 8oz square mason jars. And the CD's dance around alot and puff smoke occasionally while the 767 has a much tamer flame. It has a good melt pool, going all the way across in about 2 hours and after 4 hours was maybe 1/2" deep.

I'm liking this wick! But not sure about the HT. Going to try it with 1.5oz of FO.

I'm testing CD10, CD12, and Premier Wick WI 767 (from candlemaking.com) with 4630, no coloring, 1oz per lb of FO in 8oz square mason jars. And the CD's dance around alot and puff smoke occasionally while the 767 has a much tamer flame. It has a good melt pool, going all the way across in about 2 hours and after 4 hours was maybe 1/2" deep.

I'm liking this wick! But not sure about the HT. Going to try it with 1.5oz of FO.

Oh geeez, another wick to try now.

OK, just orders a sample pack of Premier Wicks. I agree that the CD dancing flame is annoying and I'll give these wicks a try. Can someone recommend sizes for a 2.0, 2.5 and 3.0 container with 4630?

Thanks

Let me know how you make out with the Premier, I tried them with the and they mushroomed really bad for me.