Calculation for Palm wax

So does it hold true with Starburst Palm wax as with any other wax when trying to calculate how much you will need for a mold? Filling the mold with water, pour into measuring cup, look at oz. and times that by 0.8 = the amount of wax you need to melt. I'm just not sure if this holds true for pretty much all waxes. :confused:

I just got this double heart pillar mold and I just don't want to be short on my wax. If I'm over some, well, I can do something else with the extra. Although I don't want to much over either:smiley2:

Thanks for the suggestions. I am absolutely no good with metric measuring. Just haven't used it enough to wrap my whole head around it. :confused: Despite it being more accurate :smiley2: And I was just trying to avoid the whole pouring melted wax in the mold and pouring in back out. So I was a bit impatient and went ahead and poured. I poured two different molds. 1 a simple heart shape that I had done once already so knew how much that one used. But had also used that calculation I'd mentioned and had just enough wax except to do a repour. But I'm also finding that with palm wax it doesn't seem to get the sink holes like parrifin does. On the other mold, which is a double heart, I came up about 8oz short. Wasn't happy with the way either one came out so will be doing a remelt and trying again. Practice makes perfect right :)

But I'm also finding that with palm wax it doesn't seem to get the sink holes

No, but it does develop large air voids inside. Unless one is pouring very thin layers, relieving those air traps is very important because when the candle is burned and hits a sizable air pocket, the wick can flare suddenly into a torch as the MP empties to fill the void...

Yep! I've read lots about that. Tis another reason I am remelting. Dummy me poured them kinda late at night and ended up going to bed with them cooling in a warm oven. Needless to say they were hard by morning. I'm just doing a little playing and testing for now but just love the Palm waxes!