10 LBS EZSoy Container Wax Flakes makes how many 8 oz. jars

I just gave info from my notes, using 415. I use roughly 6.5 oz dry wax if I'm just making one 8oz jar. Then divided 10 lbs by 6.5 oz. which is 24.6.

Beth, are you talking about 6.5 oz by weight or by volume? I use 1 lb (16 oz or 453 grams by weight) and get 3 - 8oz candles to the full line every time. 3 - 8oz'ers per pound times 10 pounds = 30 candles

Beth, are you talking about 6.5 oz by weight or by volume? I use 1 lb (16 oz or 453 grams by weight) and get 3 - 8oz candles to the full line every time. 3 - 8oz'ers per pound times 10 pounds = 30 candles

When I weigh out my wax to begin, I weigh out 6.5 oz.

p.s. Is anyone else having difficulty with the forum functioning/appearing correctly?

All 8 oz jars are not created equal. My 8 oz jelly jars ( http://www.candlescience.com/containers/8oz-jelly-jar/ ) do only hold 6.2 oz to the fill line which is the ridge just below the cap threads. But the 8 oz square mason ( http://www.candlescience.com/containers/8oz-mason-jar/ ) takes 8 oz to the same fill line which is the same ridge line just below the cap threads.

So unless we know which jar ... well I don't see how to answer this one.

As others have pointed out, we use WEIGHT not volume (liquid measure) when making candles, so all of my remarks refer to WEIGHT and not liquid measure.

I pour 5 oz. in my 8 oz. widemouth canning jars. The standard 8 oz. round JJs hold 6 nicely. So all you have to do is divide the net weight of the wax you choose to pour into your container into the amount of wax you have to arrive at an approximate figure. Understand that the FO weight is NOT factored in. If you are using 1 oz. PP (weighed), then add 10 oz. to the 10 pounds which means you actually will have 10 lb 10 oz. or 170 oz. (10 lbs x 16 oz = 160 + 10 oz. = 170 oz. total)

To find out how much wax you want to use in your containers, simply melt 8 oz. of wax. Put your container on your scale, tare, then fill the container to the point you find most pleasing (usually people fill to the point where the threads on the top begin). Record that weight. Pour the melted wax back into your melt pot to reuse later. Once you know how much to pour into your container (let's just say it's 6 oz.), then divide 170 oz. (assuming you are using 1 oz. FO PP, see above) by 6 and you come up with 28.33 containers. Round that off to 28 and there's your answer. HTH